“A nice place and a good value!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Madison, WI
“A nice place and a good value!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

On a recent trip we needed to stay in Kalamazoo one night. All of the hotels we had stayed at in the past were booked so we checked Trip-Advisor and found this hotel. It looked like it would be fine for one night so we checked the price and booked it. I was a little concerned because the price was about two-thirds of what other hotels in the area were charging. There was no reason to be concerned. It is a very nice hotel. As others have noted finding the driveway is a little challenging. The Entrance for the Residence Inn is the same entrance for this hotel. The Residence Inn sign is larger so just look for that and you will be fine. The room was clean and we had no problems during our stay. The only thing we missed is that there was not a mini-fridge in the room. The breakfast was average with enough variety for everyone to find something to eat. If you are looking for a clean, reasonably priced place to stay this works great.

Room Tip: We asked for a room not facing the highway as recomended by other reviews. It was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmericInnHotel, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Good to know you finally gave us a chance and it was a success. Yes, AmericInn of Kalamazoo is great in value and the updated property is in great shape

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place is your typical bad hotel but the price suggested that it was a little nicer. I was disappointed about the noise, old smoke smell, and rude staff. However, I will say that the bathroom was big! There are lots of places in Kalamazoo and I regret not staying somewhere else. Oh well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We are sorry that your experience was not satisfactory and yes there are many hotels in Kalamazoo that you can stayat. However, many do not offer a great value with an updated/clean property like that of the AmericInn Hotel or what many have raved about within their TripAdvisor reviews.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I checked into this damp hotel late and left early, I didn't eat, smoke, or drink in the room -- I just slept. However when I came home I discovered a $100 charge to my bill. When I called to discuss the extra charge with the manager, Ash Patel hung up on me!

It was both a strange and a very frustrating experience. I'd suggest staying at any one of the many other inexpensive options in Kalamazoo!

Room Tip: The first floor smelled like mold from pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We are sad to hear that your experience was disappointing. We do not understand the meaning behind "damp hotel," as this a newly renovated property. We would assume this is a comment of frustration as the reference to a "mold" smell on the first floor. We have a delightful smell compliment of Febreze. AmericInn Hotel is not in the business of cheating our guests. What you were referring to was the hold of a $100 incidental fee that is required of all guests and it is immediately released upon check out.
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2013

A little tricky to find driveway at first, but easy after that. Reasonably priced and easy access to expressway, shops and restaurants. Clean room with hairdryer, iron, coffee pot and toiletries....staff willing to supply you with forgotten items, e.g. deodorant. Pool open until midnight for late night swims after daily activities. Beds a little high off ground for little ones, or those not as able-bodied. Our exhaust in the bathroom didn't seem to work all that well, making for a slippery attempt at times getting out of the shower. First key the clerk gave us ended up opening to a room already occupied....glad the person didn't seem to be in at the time! She quickly rectified the situation! The hot breakfast is very nice with fresh fruit, juices, yogurt, and much more! Overall, a very pleasant two-night stay and we will be back again when visiting in Kalamazoo!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Great to know you enjoyed your stay. While we are not perfect, we are quick to acknowledge it and fix the problems in order to make our guests happy. See you soon
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Finding the building was a little difficult (you enter through the Residence Inn driveway and keep driving left), but it was well worth finding! The room was very clean (my gold standard is no mold at all in the bathroom), the mattress was comfy, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub were clean and refreshing. The breakfast was typical, but perfectly edible. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Happy that you walked away with a great experience. We have heard so many comments about the entrance of hotel. Trust us, we are working hard with the city to figure out a much better solution.
Baraboo, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was our 2nd time staying here because the 1st time was really good. As before, we were treated very well by the staff. The property is a little hard to find the 1st time as they share the same entrance way with another property. Our room was clean and comfortable and looked like it had been updated some since we were last there in 9/2012 as we had the same room (we requested it when making reservations) this time. The only downside of this room we had was the fact that we are shorter people and the bed is so high which makes for it being hard to get into it. Once in the bed we had a good nights sleep. Also the shower head is mean't for taller people to adjust.

When we woke up on Sunday morning there was a note left under our door that the pool had been closed for cleaning and maintenance effective 5/19/2013 unti 5/24/2013. We had come to find out later that something had happened the previous night that the pool had been contaminated because of someone swimming in it. It kind of sucked because our 2 great grandkids do enjoy going swimming when we visit. It went ov er better when our great granddaughter saw the water was gone.

Room Tip: We always stay on the backside of the property as the property faces the intersate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Not sure if I want to write a review of this place and let the secret out! For what it is, I give it 4 stars. Is it the Ritz? No, but I can't remember many times where I've been this comfy in a regular old hotel. It has been newly renovated, and the rooms even smell new. I had an accessible room on the first floor, and the room was huge. Because it was accessible, it had a large tiled entry and large bathroom. The first floor rooms have higher ceilings which added to it feeling larger. Best of all: the hotel was QUIET! Now, this could vary depending on who is staying there at the time (i.e., sports teams) but I didn't hear a thing when I was here....I think the soundproofing is better than comparable hotels where you usually hear/feel every opening or closing of any door on the hall. Room was totally clean. Breakfast was big for this type of hotel and had something for everyone, I personally don't eat a lot of bread or carbs but they even had egg and meat options. The only thing that was lacking was a fridge in the room, and the pool looked a little tired/unappealing, so if that's important to you, take notice. I honestly didn't want to leave the room the next day, which is extremely unusual for me as I usually hate hotel rooms! Right off 94, perfect for traveling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family