“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Toronto
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in March while attending a function in town. Hotel was easy to find right off highway and convenient to everything in town. Check-in was a breeze (as was check-out) and all staff we met were very friendly and professional. The room was a good size with an extremely comfortable king size bed and all the amenities you would expect. It was clean and housekeeping kept it that way for our complete stay. Had supper one night at their "Potters" restaurant. Food and service were great.Location to the Kalamazoo Expo Centre was less than 5 minutes away. Although we did not need it, we saw 2 shuttles out front for airport travellers. Firekeepers Casino was about a 25 minute drive away. One thing I have always found is that if you stay at a Sheraton property you walk away with a smile on your face.
We hope to return to Kalamazoo next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank kelly_3399
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the fabulous review! Our hotel is located close to many of the main attractions in town: the Expo Center, Wings Stadium, the Air Zoo, and Bell’s Brewery and all the features of the downtown area. We do have a complimentary shuttle to and from the Kalamazoo airport. I’m glad you left with a smile. Thank you again, and we’ll see you next year!

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sturgis, Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed in motels all over the USA and also in Riga, Latvia. This is by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had. Great condition and beautiful and the bed was absolutely so comfortable - I felt like taking it home with me.

People very friendly and helpful and everything was just great. Will absolutely return and will look for other Four Point hotels when I travel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bdebord22
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hi bdebord22,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! Our Four Comfort Beds are a favorite with many travelers. I will let our staff know about your kind comments. We hope you can visit again soon!

United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My young son and I were stranded here in Kalamazoo for a night after our flight was cancelled. There was a huge blizzard but the poor staff who had to come to work in it treated us so well. There is a convenient airport shuttle. Nice warm pool which we enjoyed while watching the snow pile up outside. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Dinner was fantastic in the lobby restaurant...way better than usual hotel food. Rooms are very nice and clean with big squishy linens and pillows on the beds. One of the nicest overall hotel stays I have had. Thank you so much! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Hello Jamey,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit unplanned. I hope you can come back and enjoy our hotel and restaurant without being snowed in. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a 20 minute trip to Kalamazoo and take the children swimming. We picked The Four Points and had the pool to ourselves.
Our room was a double queen, very clean and easy to move in to.
We stopped by the Lounge and had FREE barbecue, a Wednesday deal. The Bartender (Nate) was world class, styling and profiling. Kept busy by all the linemen for out of state, but never flustered and always on top of his Bar.
The lobby, lounge, pool, and room were all fresh and clean. It was well below zero outside but the indoor pool was steaming warm.
One setback was no coffee for the pot in our room, but that was solved with the big Coffee station in the Lobby.
We also saw the hotel is Pet Friendly!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel W
Hi DW,

Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure Nate knows about your glowing review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Manager’s Reception with complementary barbeque, beer, and wine. You are correct that we do allow dogs under 50 pounds at the hotel. Come back and see us again soon, and bring your furry friend!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points while traveling on business. The important things were there: the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable--in fact, it was one of the most comfortable beds I have experienced at this level of hotel. Since many hotels can't even get these things right, I feel I can give this property a 4-star review. However, several things rubbed me the wrong way: First, my room key was initially programmed incorrectly, requiring me to walk back with my luggage to the front desk and back to my room again (which was at the far end of the hotel). Second, the trim and the furniture showed signs of definite wear: many scuff marks and scratch marks. Finally, I did not appreciate the soap and shampoo being kept in a "dispenser" in the shower. I realize that Sheraton will probably contend that they are "saving the environment" by not providing individual bottles, however I was paying $70+ a night to shower in a hotel, not a gym locker room.

I was a bit nervous about staying at another Sheraton Four Points property after a negative experience I had at the Sheraton Four Points Lexington (Kentucky). That property is an unmitigated disaster (look it up on TripAdvisor to see some horror stories). I can now say that at least the Sheraton Four Points in Kalamazoo provided me with a comfortable room and a good night's sleep, for which I feel I received my money's worth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Hotel is right off I-94 and easy to get to. The lobby has been re-done so it's bright and welcoming. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The workout room is about what you would expect from a hotel... 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 stationary bike, 1 recumbent bike, a Roman chair, a rack of free weights, a couple of benches and a few yoga mats for stretching. All in all, very adequate for a hotel.

The wireless kept dropping and you would have to re-connect every 15 minutes or so. But it was free so maybe you get what you pay for!

Some rooms have a refrigerator and some do not and we never got a good answer as to why. We had 2 rooms at the same rate, one came with a frig the other did not and if we wanted one in that room it was an additional $10. That was a little odd.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel is right off of I-94. Very easy on/off location. The staff was friendly, and check in was quick and efficient. The hotel is a pet friendly hotel (if you have allergies - be aware of that). Beds were very comfortable, room was layed out well and had plenty of space. Interesting set up for the shower gel, shampoo and conditioner - attached to the wall and had a pump. This seemed like a cheap option for a Sheraton.

Room Tip: Rooms are very loud on the Interstate side of the building, ask to face the parking lot. Room was s...