“A nice home base for our brew tour of southwestern MI.”

Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Chicago, Illinois
“A nice home base for our brew tour of southwestern MI.”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived at around 9 p.m. to check in for our weekend-long excursion of southwestern Michigan's breweries and wineries. No matter, the front desk checked us in relatively quickly and accommodated our request to have a room adjacent to our friends. Little touches like that make me feel like they care about making their customers happy. I have found that I get poorer service occasionally when I book through a travel site, but that certainly was not the case for us on our stay. We booked for about $110 per night and found it to be a terrific deal.

Rooms were nicely-sized, beds were comfy, our room was made-up promptly (and another free bottle of water was left behind.)

The gym is nice, as is the pool (I used neither, my focus was on beer and wine for the weekend!), and the lobby and hallways were kept clean.

I would definitely stay here again.

(Pet-friendly with a small fee.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel and will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.

At the Four Points Kalamazoo we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your adventures to Kalamazoo.

We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I stayed three nights at this conveniently located hotel. Even though it was at a highway interchange, there was no bothersome road noise.

This is an older hotel that has been completely renovated. All public areas and the rooms have been refine. The only 'negative' I have is that the showerhead was placed low, making washing my hair a bit troublesome.

The bar staff was congenial and the kitchen prepares a wide variety of foods. I recommend the lake perch...quite well prepared.

• Stayed September 2012
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. It is wonderful that your stay was comfortable and that the location was convenient for your travels. The lake Perch is indeed an awesome dish. I love that you loved it as well!!

I have addressed your concerns regarding the bathroom to the appropriate persons. Please note that we have completed renovations on half of our bathrooms and the others are slated for completion in February. The newly renovated Showers have heads that are placed significantly higher on the wall, making it more enjoyable for the taller guests.

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Kalamazoo.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice hotel. very comfortable beds and fluffy bedding. Great pillows, clean rooms and quiet. Hotel has bar/restaurant which is great for bikers especially on bad weather days. Easy in/off the highway with restaurants close by. This has become our new favorite place to stay when we are in town visiting family. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
This is such a fantastic review. We are ecstatic that we are your home away from home while in Kalamazoo. The four comfort beds are designed specially for our Four Point hotels and are indeed insanely comfortable. Thank you for Choosing the Four Points Kalamazoo,we look forward to seeing you again when your adventures bring you to our area!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here on business and I really enjoyed it. I remember staying at this hotel a couple years ago and it might have been called something else. Since then, they must have done a lot of renovations because it is so much nicer than I remember. The lobby is open and bright. They have a restaurant and a bar that had some decent beers on tap. The rooms have definitely been upgraded as well. The rooms had brand new, comfortable beds. The kind of beds that you want to push the snooze button over and over as the alarm goes off in the morning. There was also a nice new TV, refrigerator, microwave and very nice bathroom. The room was very clean and met every expectation I had. I had the breakfast in the morning and I would definitely recommend it as it was very good.

I would recommend this hotel if you are in the Kalamazoo area and I will definitely be returning for another night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your nice review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here in Kalamazoo and will pass along the nice comments to the staff. Great feedback is always appreciated!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and found it quite comfortable and enjoyable. It is very well located and easily found. The bed I slept on was one of the most comfortable I have slept on in a long time. It was a little over attired for the summer season as the blanket was quite heavy although it could have easily been removed. The bathroom was nice and the overall cleanliness of the room was great as well as the bathroom. The shower could have used a little tile grout work, but very functional and quite clean. I would recommend this hotel however I would shop price because there are quite a few hotels of similar quality in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you had such a pleasant stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. I have addressed your grout concerns and was assured that they are reworking the shower walls so these will be refreshed soon!!

We thank you for choosing to be our guest while in Kalamazoo and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We decided to stay here for a night on our way home from Canada. I've never written a review on a hotel before and we are generally not picky. We walk into our room and it looked as though someone else had checked in before us. There was an Arbys cup of soda on the desk and the desk was not wiped down. We cleaned it up thinking no big deal but then there was more. The table between the beds was very dusty like it hadn't been wiped down in a long time. Then, behind the the tv was a wrapper of some sort and a Clarion hotel key. I pulled the blankets back and there were hairs on one of the beds. We notified the front desk and a manager got us a different room. That room was cleaner, however, there were bobby pins on the table between the beds and it appears to have also not been wiped down for some time. I asked the manager to pick up the bobby pins and he did. The downfall of switching rooms was no fridge in the 2nd room and we had milk for our son. Walls and doors are thin and you can hear the doors shut every time. Room was nice liking though and the manager/front desk staff were good. We got a voucher for a free breakfast but we had to leave to early to get to use it. We used the pool and really enjoyed it. Very warm and clean. Oh and after swimming when we went to shower there was NO conditioner! It was empty!

Overall....whoever cleans 3rd floor should be reprimanded and/or have a manager follow her around! She doesn't seem to care. (im sure she was the one standing by the door with a mad look on her face as we moved rooms)

Disappointing but thanks to the manager for trying to make it right. Unfortunately this was not well worth our money and we won't stay at a Sheraton again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank doeke10
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive. I have expressed your concerns with our Housekeeping team regarding the issues that you experienced during your stay. Consistency and quality within all of our guest rooms is of the highest importance to our team and this is not taken lightly. On behalf of my entire hotel I apologize that your impression of our hotel family was tarnished by these events.
Should you find yourself in Kalamazoo again, we would love the opportunity to make it right and have you stay with us!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I decided to give this place another shot, after having a bad experience the first time I stayed here. No complaints this time, the staff I encountered were better than before. I will stay here again. Rooms are decent, walls are a little thin for modern hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay with us as your travels bring you to Kalamazoo. It is wonderful to hear that your experience was a positive one. We look forward to your future stays here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo!!