“Great Stay”

Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here on business and I really enjoyed it. I remember staying at this hotel a couple years ago and it might have been called something else. Since then, they must have done a lot of renovations because it is so much nicer than I remember. The lobby is open and bright. They have a restaurant and a bar that had some decent beers on tap. The rooms have definitely been upgraded as well. The rooms had brand new, comfortable beds. The kind of beds that you want to push the snooze button over and over as the alarm goes off in the morning. There was also a nice new TV, refrigerator, microwave and very nice bathroom. The room was very clean and met every expectation I had. I had the breakfast in the morning and I would definitely recommend it as it was very good.

I would recommend this hotel if you are in the Kalamazoo area and I will definitely be returning for another night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your nice review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time here in Kalamazoo and will pass along the nice comments to the staff. Great feedback is always appreciated!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Frankenmuth, Michigan
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel and found it quite comfortable and enjoyable. It is very well located and easily found. The bed I slept on was one of the most comfortable I have slept on in a long time. It was a little over attired for the summer season as the blanket was quite heavy although it could have easily been removed. The bathroom was nice and the overall cleanliness of the room was great as well as the bathroom. The shower could have used a little tile grout work, but very functional and quite clean. I would recommend this hotel however I would shop price because there are quite a few hotels of similar quality in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you had such a pleasant stay and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. I have addressed your grout concerns and was assured that they are reworking the shower walls so these will be refreshed soon!!

We thank you for choosing to be our guest while in Kalamazoo and look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We decided to stay here for a night on our way home from Canada. I've never written a review on a hotel before and we are generally not picky. We walk into our room and it looked as though someone else had checked in before us. There was an Arbys cup of soda on the desk and the desk was not wiped down. We cleaned it up thinking no big deal but then there was more. The table between the beds was very dusty like it hadn't been wiped down in a long time. Then, behind the the tv was a wrapper of some sort and a Clarion hotel key. I pulled the blankets back and there were hairs on one of the beds. We notified the front desk and a manager got us a different room. That room was cleaner, however, there were bobby pins on the table between the beds and it appears to have also not been wiped down for some time. I asked the manager to pick up the bobby pins and he did. The downfall of switching rooms was no fridge in the 2nd room and we had milk for our son. Walls and doors are thin and you can hear the doors shut every time. Room was nice liking though and the manager/front desk staff were good. We got a voucher for a free breakfast but we had to leave to early to get to use it. We used the pool and really enjoyed it. Very warm and clean. Oh and after swimming when we went to shower there was NO conditioner! It was empty!

Overall....whoever cleans 3rd floor should be reprimanded and/or have a manager follow her around! She doesn't seem to care. (im sure she was the one standing by the door with a mad look on her face as we moved rooms)

Disappointing but thanks to the manager for trying to make it right. Unfortunately this was not well worth our money and we won't stay at a Sheraton again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank doeke10
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us. We appreciate all feedback we receive. I have expressed your concerns with our Housekeeping team regarding the issues that you experienced during your stay. Consistency and quality within all of our guest rooms is of the highest importance to our team and this is not taken lightly. On behalf of my entire hotel I apologize that your impression of our hotel family was tarnished by these events.
Should you find yourself in Kalamazoo again, we would love the opportunity to make it right and have you stay with us!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I decided to give this place another shot, after having a bad experience the first time I stayed here. No complaints this time, the staff I encountered were better than before. I will stay here again. Rooms are decent, walls are a little thin for modern hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for chosing to stay with us as your travels bring you to Kalamazoo. It is wonderful to hear that your experience was a positive one. We look forward to your future stays here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo!!
Greater Lansing
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed with my kids for a weekend while using the hotel as a base to explore West Michigan beaches. I had read that the hotel had been renovated and this was definitely so. Everything in the lobby areas and rooms was clean, fresh smelling and comfortable. The standard room with 2 doubles was a bit small for all of us, but as we did not spend a lot of time in the room it was fine. The hotel restaurant was very nice, with a selection of local microbrewed beer. My kids also enjoyed the indoor pool which was decently sized, and had a nice adjoining outdoor patio area with courtyard and umbrella tables. The staff was very friendly and I would certainly stay again; I've stayed in other Four Points and this is one of the best I have visited.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pointer86
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your accommodations here as you explored Pure Michigan. I have shared your feedback with the team as they love to hear that guests have truly enjoyed their service and the ammenities that we offer. We look forward to seeing you again when your adventures bring you to our area.
Gary, Indiana
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was excellent. The decor was very good. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. I could not have asked for a better nights sleep. The breakfast buffet was delicious. All of the food was very good and the presentation was excellent. I would most definitely visit this hotel again. They also had a pool and deck that was sunny and beautiful for a good swim or just basking in the sun for relaxation. They had a fitness center that I did not get a chance to use. I will the next time. The service from everyone was wonderful.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor. The room was comfortable and very quiet. The A/C unit was not loud and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary W
Mary,
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. You and your family were a joy to host and we look forward to having them stay with us when they visit in the future. Again, Thank you for chosing the Four Points Kalamazoo as your entertainment headquarters!!
Québec
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel is clean. Perfect for business travel. Located near the highway. Room service is quick and the food is good. However, wifi internet is choppy. Good price/quality. Have not used pool nor spa. Definitely a good pick when in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your experience here and at Potter's Restaurant. I have spoken with out maintenance team regarding the internet access and was informed that we are currently upgrading our access points in guest areas. Thank you again for your choosing Starwood Hotels for your adventures to Kalamazoo.