“I was treated like family”

Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed July 12, 2012

For courtesy, kindness and personal attention when I needed it most, the extraordinary staff at Four Points when out of their way to please me. I had chosen this hotel as a place to stay after a fire in my apartment building forced me to live elsewhere. I'm sure glad I did!!! Not only is their prompt service first class and food spectacular, but my new "friends" made me feel at home from the moment I checked in. Although it has been nearly a month since my stay, my fond memories of the Four Points remain. Keep my room open; I'll be back very soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Brian L
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Brian,
We are so glad that you allowed us to be your home away from home and hope that you are finding your new place as comfortable and accommodating to your needs as your previous. I will definitely share your kind words with the rest of the team. We would love to have you back for a stay-cation soon!!!

Warm Wishes,

Ana

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding in the Kalamazoo area. The wedding party had booked a block of rooms at the Radisson in downtown, for $149 + $20 parking and tax per night. My family decided to try the Four Points for $89 and no parking fee, and tax. It was the BEST decision! Close to downtown, easy drive in (1 turn literally, and you are on the street to downtown... 5-10 minutes away) and so pretty. Beautifully re-done (or brand new?) lobby, best beds I have ever slept in (and I stay at a lot of hotels) and very friendly. Would definitely recommend to anyone. And such reasonable price! It was great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lindsey514
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

This is such a fantastic review!! We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us and are were able to shareyour experience. I will be sure to share your kind works with the staff!!

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to do so soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We were in the area and needed a hotel at the last minute. Checked all hotels in the area and Four Points had great reviews, rooms available, and a great rate. Paid $69/night for prepaid rooms for three nights. The rooms are big, nicely decorated, and very clean. Nice size TV, free internet service, and the rooms are quite. Service was good. Breakfast was not included in our price but is available for an extra $12 per person. Good location next to many restaurants, gas stations and freeway entrance. Will definately stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lynne P
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities and will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff.

At the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo we pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality and superior service and we thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Kalamazoo. We sincerely hope that you are able to visit us again soon

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very pleased with the hotel and the service. Slept like a baby, very comfortable. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S T
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us here at the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, and we look forward to welcoming you back next time your journeys bring you to our area!!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very comfortable room and extremely pleasant and helpful staff. Jennie at the front desk was especially helpful and efficient at attending to my needs during my stay. It was even better that the hotel Grand Opening was the evening after I checked in and guests were invited! Free dinner and drinks while roaming through the various hotel spaces. The grounds were spic and span, the room well appointed and beds VERY comfortable. Will definitely stay here again! Plus, dogs are allowed so even better!!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms near the elevator ... but not any room directly next to or across from the stairwe...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. It is wonderful to be able the thank desk staff individually for their amazing service. I also love that were able to join us for our opening party!

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next adventure to Kalamazoo.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I generally like Sheraton properties but usually stay at the Mariott property Residence Inn when visiting family in Kzoo. When I saw there was now a Four Points we decided to give it a try. Interior is nice, but man, are those walls THIN. I travel a lot for work and as a rule wear earplugs but could even hear the noise through the walls with earplugs in. I don't think the guests next door were trying to be loud but it was like they were in the same room with us. When they remodeled this from the Clarion they should have fixed the soundproofing I guess. Won't stay here again and would recommend the Residence Inn instead.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tinygreyhound
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. I apologize that your experience at our property was not as great as we would like, please know that I have addressed your concerns regarding the sound level to the appropriate persons.
We hope that we can welcome you back on one of your future visits to Kalamazoo.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel was recently acquired by Sheraton & they are doing great! The grounds are absolutely beautiful & the pool is newly renovated. They have sliding glass doors that allowed us to sunbathe while the children swam safe from the sunrays inside. The rooms are not rundown & the staff were totally prepared for large groups of people, as we were not the only large group they had there (they were essentially booked full). Nice job done!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

This is such a fantastic review. We are ecstatic you had such a phenomenal stay with us and are so pleased that you were able to fully utilize our amenities! Please do reach out the next time you are in town, whether for business or for pleasure- we would love to welcome you back and hope to do so soon.