“I like it”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I like it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I would suggest this location to friends. It is a good date spot and has good Asian inspired cuisine. I have had good food everytime I have been there.

Downers Grove
“Nice to find sushi in Kalamazoo”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

When planning for a college visit with my daughter in Kalamazoo, I asked my daughter where she would like to eat. Her first request was sushi. I thought, good luck. We were pleasantly surprised to find Sushi Ra in Kalamazoo. Being from Chicago, it was not the best sushi, but was much better than what I had expected. I had read reviews from Tripadvisor and understood that the rolls were much larger so we took that into consideration when ordering. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised and appreciated getting sushi in Kalamazoo.

• Visited November 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Really great food, but huge rolls - we ordered way too much.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The rolls were HUGE! We expected 6 pieces per sushi roll, but there were at least 10. They were huge! The food was great though - would highly recommend.

• Visited October 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great food but the wait was a little long and no afternoon parking!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was the second time that I have been to Sushi Ya. We couldn't find any parking right outside the restaurant. There were closed gates that did not allow us to enter the parking lot. We parked in another lot and walked over. We asked the server about the parking and she said that the lot is restricted (employees only) until 5pm and most people park across the street for lunch. There is a 3-4 lane one way that separates the lot and Sushi Ya so it seems silly that they wouldn't have parking for customers. When we got in and seated we ordered 6 rolls and a combination platter. It took quite a long time. There were only a few other people in the restaurant and three sushi chefs. When the food finally came, it was really good. They have some really different and interesting (in a good way) rolls. The roll I got had fried mango in it. Yum! The food was good, wish the wait was less but I don't think it is a regular problem. The parking needs to be figured out.

• Visited August 2011
Michigan
“Best Sushi in Kalamazoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

OK, it's just about the only sushi in Kalamazoo, but it's still one of my favorite Kalamazoo restaurants. Lots of good choices on the menu - the bento boxes are terrific value for lunch. This is a fun place to go with a group and share different kinds of sushi.

• Visited June 2011