“A wonderful experience in many ways!”

Olde Peninsula Brewpub
Ranked #35 of 340 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kalamazoo 1st Brewpub! Opened on St. Patrick's Day 1996 as Kalamazoo's 1st brewery and restaurant combined into one great place.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience in many ways!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My companion and I very much enjoyed our entire visit at Olde Peninsula: from the convenience of being able to call ahead and sit right away, to the delicious food and excellent service, we left the restaurant with zero issues or disappointments.

• Visited March 2014

“Old Pen”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Great food and fast waiting staff. The house brews are the best. Sometimes you have to wait for a table, but I think it's worth it. Some might say the prices are a little high, but I think it's worth the price. If you go there, I suggest the Pot Roast.

• Visited May 2013
Leitchfield, Kentucky
“Eh.... food was just "okay"”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I went there as a belated Valentines Day dinner. We both ordered the Garlic sirloin steak. He got his rare, I got mine medium-well. There was ZERO difference in the cooking of the steaks when we got them. I about sent it back, but just decided to eat around the ends and take the rest home to COOK FURTHER. The steak was seasoned well and tasted good, other than being nearly raw.

My husband got the "garlic and cheddar" mashed potatoes. I would not recommend. There is no tasting the cheese and it was ridiculously strong with garlic and we are huge garlic fans. If I made garlic potatoes that strong at home, not one would eat them.

My other complaint would be that we weren't given steak knives. So we had a pretty difficult time cutting in to steaks with dull butter knives. That was the waiter's fault and honestly....he was not very attentive.

When my husband brought up that my steak wasn't very done, he didn't offer to take it back and have them cook it further.... it was kind of an "oh well" attitude. We never were asked for drink refills either. Which it's a brewery... I get it. They are more in to the beer drinkers-- but a little more service would have been nice.

I don't see us rushing back there any time soon.

• Visited February 2014
“undercooked bland food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We've had good food here in the past, and the beers are good. We recommend the sampler of five small glasses of different brews. However, in August 2013 we took friends for dinner. The service was slow. The veggies were in huge chunks and nearly raw. Breaded fish was greasy and was served barely warm. Seasonings were absent. I hope this was an isolated bad day for the cooks and servers!

• Visited August 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
“Good Atmosphere and Food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fun downtown restaurant. Great home brewed beer and root beer. You can see the vats where the beer is brewed. Good food.

• Visited December 2013