“OP is our regular monthly stop, we LOVE it!”

Olde Peninsula Brewpub
Ranked #40 of 342 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kalamazoo 1st Brewpub! Opened on St. Patrick's Day 1996 as Kalamazoo's 1st brewery and restaurant combined into one great place.
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great local brews, great food, service is wonderful! We drive from 20 miles away to come here at least once a month. They are a must have!

Reviewed August 16, 2011

Enjoyed the pub for a quick bite of a burger and a beer. Service behind the bar was perfect.

1  Thank b4square
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We are in Kalamazoo pretty much every year in June. This is our 4th or 5th return trip. Love the Raspberry Wheat. Battered Perch was excellent. Our party of 8 had nary a complaint. We'll be back next year.

1  Thank Playswdogs
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Over the years, I've eaten at this local eatery numerous times, and initially, I really enjoyed all my meals here as well as the brews. However, in the past year, I have to say that my meals at OP have been quite disappointing. For some friends, this is their favorite restaurant in Kalamazoo, and they know the waitstaff quite well. We met them last night with their kids to enjoy a meal prior to a hockey game. My husband and I decided to just enjoy a plate of nachos before the game, and we were horribly disappointed. We ordered a half order, which was plenty; however, the nachos were cold, and the cheese had hardened to the point that we had to pry apart the chips. We did not have time to complain at the time as we were running out of time to get to the hockey game. Also, one friend had a salad that had seen better days perhaps a week before it was served to her. The tomatoes were shriveled and the lettuce less than appetizing. They brought her another without much question. Our server was great, but he should have questioned the salad and the nachos before serving.

Nachos are pretty standard fare and can be prepared very quickly but these looked like they'd been prepared before everyone else's dinner and then sat waiting until their food was ready. We have decided that this is our last meal and last disappointment at OP. While the brews have been great, the food is no longer worth the money paid for it. It is very disappointing to me as I have always enjoyed meals there (more than a year ago), so I don't know if it's a bad chef, management or what. Perhaps it's also lack of interest on the part of the waitstaff as well. Before serving, they should be checking to make sure the food looks as it should and is hot if it's supposed to be hot. And charging $1.75 or whatever for a small cup of guacamole that nearly had no flavor seems a bit outrageous to me. I could have walked across the street to Cafe Bolero and would have gladly paid far more for guacamole that actually had flavor.

1  Thank rosebudmi
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Let me start by saying I work in a local kzoo restaurant, so my critiques are probably more detailed than some other patrons of Olde Peninsula. I ordered a mid-rare burger, I prefer medium but always order under temp so I don't get a gray charred burger. The burger came out very well done. My boyfriend's dad had asked to substitute a side for his sandwich, which the server forgot. (he didn't correct him) Our drinks were almost always half full at most, and the tables around us were dirty when we came in...and still dirty when we left. If you like beer, give it a try. But the food is definitely not what you expect.

2  Thank shafa1121