See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2018

My husband and I usually book adorable airbnb's when we travel, but we gave this Knights Inn a whirl because we wanted to save some money. Plus, the location was super-convenient -- half a mile from the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan where our friends were getting married.

Our flight got in around 11pm, and since the Knights Inn front desk is open 24/7, we were able to stop at Bilbo's for some pizza before we checked in. We were given our choice of room, and I chose the second level. I slept *so well* that first night! I was really impressed with how comfortable the king size bed was. The a/c was great, and I recommend using it as a sort of white noise machine. Our room was nice and clean (although the outside hall did smell a little like bleach).

This place is just a mile away from several cool shops including a coffee place, cute gift store, charming thrift store, and a sweet record store. It's also only 1.5 miles from the Bells Brewery, one of our favorite parts of the trip.

When we checked out, we chatted for a couple minutes with Bobby the Knights Inn owner. He purchased the property about 8 months ago and is working really hard to make improvements. We wish him all the best! Bottom line: the price is right, the location is great, and the bed was so comfy!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Descriptions that call this “motel” “basic” simply do not do it justice. We stayed a total of MAYBE ten minutes - during which we booked another room - before making a swift U-turn. They were very understanding (!) and made a full refund. (Which makes me kinda’ suspicious it wasn’t the first time.) If you are only concerned about price, then this maybe is the place for you. Just be prepared.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank AndyKCS
Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival the local street pharmacist offered me his finest crack..... Great place to stay if you want drugs..... Unfortunately I did not so if you do decide to stay make sure you got your pistol if you want a fighting chance

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Antonio A
Reviewed November 24, 2016

Then again shelters I believe have clean sheets! Area rather sketchy. Parking lot very dark. Felt unsafe. Dark unsecured hallways. The sheets were not laundered. Begged to get my money back and get out of there. No luck .....but did get a different cleaner room. Wish I took pictures! Disgusting!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank sandramckee49
Reviewed October 17, 2016

My sister stayed in this place, and was taken to the hospital. This hotel took it upon themselves to keep the items, and will not return them. If you even had an ounce of heart you would have kept them for her, especially if she had called and spoken to you! . It's the only clothes she owns. Now it is all gone, suitcase and all.
Who can run a place like this with conscious... She is still in the hospital. Wasn't able to call again, yet. Please let me know how you want to settle this. I left my number at the front desk with Si. He says Bobby you own or manage the place.

Date of stay: October 2016