Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
$113
$110
$63
$60
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
$153
$119
2,033 results
All reviewsconcierge floorself parkinghealth clubparking structuregreat hotelheart of downtownwithin walking distanceroom keybar and grillrestaurants and barsfitness centercomfortable roomsvaletconferenceweddingbreweriesbrewery
Reviewed August 12, 2006

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel on July 26, 2006. We were on a long road trip from Winnipeg to Toronto, and specifically chose to stay here because of what I read in the AAA guide and some pretty decent rewiews on this site.

The hotel appeared to me to be in the center of Kalamazoo in an area that seemed to be a little seedy at night. This wasn't a concern for me as you would not know this while in the hotel. However I was a little bit concerned with the fact that the parkade across the street was not monitored as far as I could tell.

We had a beautiful suite in the corner of the hotel with a nice view. The kids slept on a sofa sleeper, which was your average no thrill bed. My nine year old daughter described the bed as really "bony". My wife and I had a sleep number bed in a separate room which was really nice. Unfortunately, the bed must have had some air leak or something, because after setting it to a firmness level of 55 or so before going to bed, I woke up with a bit of a sore back and found that the level had dropped to 25. Otherwise the room was very nice and clean.

Our room also had a full size fridge, microwave, and basically a complete kitchen with dishes, cutlery, etc. There was even a toaster, but I can't remember if it had a stove/oven.

The pool was pretty basic, but the kids enjoyed it, and the health club was nice. The hotel is attached to a shopping mall.

We did not have the oppurtunity to try the restaurants at the hotel as we arrived late in the evening, and checked out the next morning.

Overall, I found the hotel to be a little bit pricey for what we got, considering that it is in a smaller city. However, I like to stay in nicer hotels, and as far as I could tell, this is probably the nicest hotel on the I-94 in Michigan except for the Detroit area. I would consider staying again if I had to overnight in that area.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BlueBombers
Reviewed May 14, 2006

I travel quite a bit on business and while I don't oftern stay at Radisson properties, my experience with them has been poor. This one totally changed my opion. I was here for an on-site conference and every person I interated with was friendly and helpful. No coffee on the conference exhibit floor? Not a problem when one of the workers rushes off to meet your request. Housekeeping in the hallway was courtesy, the front desk always uses your name, the hotel restaurants were very good (excellent dinner at the Italian place, and quality breakfast at the buffett). Many of these items should be expected of a hotel; it's amazing when a mid-priced hotel delivers. BTW, Bells brewery is around the corner. If you like good beer, their taproom is worth a visit!

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank Yetiman420
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised with the Radisson in Kalamazoo. The staff was wonderful - everyone I met had a smile on his or her face - and everyone was helpful. We had a suite, with a very nice bathroom, complete with separate shower and deep jetted tub, with a separate vanity area. The room was clean and the sleep number bed was nice (my first experience with one) I saw several other rooms while I was there as we were at a convention with other people, and each one seemed equally as nice as ours. I am sensitive to smoke and I was concerned because our room was to be a smoking room, however, the only evidence that it was a smoking room was an empty ashtray. All in all I was very pleased and would welcome the opportunity to stay at this hotel again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank MaryRuthTuscaloosa
Reviewed April 6, 2006

My first room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet, but not as clean as it should have been. The hotel-supplied robe was dirty, the TV screen and toilet seat were identically streaked, as if they had been wiped with the same rag. The shower could not be adjusted any warmer than tepid, even though the sink had plenty of hot water. When I complained about the shower temperature, they sent someone to fix it; the problem remained, and they transferred me (no extra charge) to the concierge floor. This very clean room was a little larger, had "Sleep Number" beds, and had TWO (clean) robes. I had room service from Zazio's, and they threw in a free dessert (food was great!). Parking garage is attached by skyway; costs an exgtra $5/day.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Chowlover
A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2006

I stayed here with my family for the second time in March. To my dismay, we were checked into a dirty room. When I called the front desk they acted like they didn't know what to do. They asked me and my family to trudge back down from the sixth floor so they could give us new keys(Bell stand too busy). When we get to the front desk they immediatley start apologizing because it is going to be another 45 minutes until a room is ready. I was outraged! They tried to cover it up by giving us drinks at Burdicks, just ignoring the fact that we had kids with us. When we finally got checked into the room, my wife goes to hang up our travel bag in the closet and we find a provocative womens gown hanging in the closet. Very embarrasing to make that phone call. We ended up checking out a day early and returning home. I WOULD NOT SUGGEST YOU STAY AT THIS PROPERTY, THE MANAGMENT COMPANY SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR BETTER TALENTED PEOPLE TO RUN THEIR BUSINESS.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business