“Amazing! Excellent! Wonderful!”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Jacksonville, Florida
“Amazing! Excellent! Wonderful!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

It has been nearly a month since I left Kalamazoo and I still find myself thinking of the wonderful stay I had at the Radisson! To say the staff was friendly and accommodating would be an understatement! The wonderful people who work at the Radisson, particularly Amber, Kalinda, and Bryan, went above and beyond to make my week there an incredibly fun and memorable one! To start things off, Bryan picked me up from the hotel and even came into the airport lobby to find me so I would find my way! Bryan and the other shuttle drivers drove me to and from my work location each day of the week making for a stress free commute! The first night I got back to my hotel room, Amber had left a friendly note and some delicious Kalamazzo Kettlecorn for me to enjoy ... which I did, immediately! :) After hearing about my love of popcorn, Bryan surprised me with a gift basket full of some other local popcorn treats! I spent each morning chatting with Kalinda in the Concierge Lounge on the 9th floor and learning all about the fun things to do in Kalamazoo! It wasn't enough for Kalinda to simply tell me things to do on my day off, she also created an itinerary for me based on things she thought I would like and even met up with me for a trip to the bookstore and a local winery for a glass of wine!

The location of the hotel was perfect for anyone looking for convenience of being downtown, or anyone looking to explore as there is much to do within walking distance.

Everyone at the hotel was wonderful, in fact, everyone I encountered in Kalamazoo were wonderful! It was one of the most fun cities I had been to in awhile, which was quite the surprise considering the city's slogan has been "Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear FSU Lou Lou,

Wow!! Thank you for your amazing 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are elated that you had a phenomenal experience during your stay and that you were able to take full advantage of our excellent location, accommodations and service. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a memorable stay and we are happy to help create that experience for you by any means necessary.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI! We look forward to welcoming you back again. It was such a pleasure having you as our guest! :)

Cheers!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Came to Kalamazoo on business. Amenities were fantastic. Stayed on the 9th floor. 9th floor has a Concierge Lounge. I was able to check-in quickly, get settled in the room, then to the Lounge for a glass of wine and some free brownies. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. One thing I don't like to see is housekeeping milling about the halls. Never saw one housekeeper, no carts to try and walk around, both on check in and departure. Valet was fast and courteous. I recommend this hotel to anyone, business or pleasure, alone or with family. My family and I will be coming back to Kalamazoo this summer on vacation, we are booking this hotel for sure. Great value for all of the upgrades and decor. Super satisfied customer here!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 9th floor. Complimentary breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, I was the only one there!!!
Dear Kelly S,

What a magnificent review! I recall meeting you during your stay and I must say that it was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. It is very rewarding to know we exceeded your expectations in the areas of our amenities, fast check-in, Concierge Lounge, overall staff hospitality, and decor. We value all of our guests here at the Radisson and each and every one of us works hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and have a great experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your family vacation here this summer. The Concierge staff would love to help you map out fun options during your next stay so that you can have the ultimate Kalamazoo experience! :)

Michigan, USA
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel. The parking is $15/night, seemed like it would be complementary, being that the hotel is in Kalamazoo, MI. I would expect that in a larger city (i.e. Chicago, New York, Detroit), but Kalamazoo?? Anyway, the staff was extremely helpful and quite polite, during check in. I didn't like the inconvenience of having to use you room key to operate the elevators. You have to swipe the key card in order to select your floor. No big deal, just a little inconvenient. The room was well-maintained, with updated décor. The bed was comfortable, and I slept pretty well. I really liked the toiletries they had in the bathroom. I actually looked into ordering them online, because they smelled so good! I did notice the toilet in my room was quite low to the ground, which was a little unusual. Lastly, they have a great breakfast buffet for $13.99. I think it is totally worth it, as it has a vast selection of food with an omelet station.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Shantaye,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI! We really appreciate you taking the time out to provide us with insight into your experience. I am happy to hear that overall your stay was a good one. I agree that our breakfast restaurant really does a fantastic job with the buffet choices. It is great to know that you found our staff helpful and polite. We strive to provide our wonderful guests like you, with wonderful experiences.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Radisson Hotel is a beautiful hotel with a wonderfully professional and accommodating staff. I took my girls there for a birthday party. Our room was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay great. They provided us with a conference room, free of charge, to celebrate our party. Hotel is close to downtown shops that we spent hours going through. Ate at Burdicks at the hotel and food and atmosphere were as nice as the hotel.

Green Features: The atmosphere is sophisticated but fun. They have something for everyone staying. Whether it is a business trip, family fun or a couples get away
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Jan G,
Thank you so much for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI. What a fabulous review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay. It’s great to know that your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and you found the location and hotel outlets to be convenient and close to all your points of interest.

Please do come and see us again!

Muskegon, MI
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stay at the Radisson Kalamazoo often on week days for work and am amazed at how consistently wonderful this hotel is. Every person from the parking valets to the housekeeping staff go above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. Kalinda, in the concierge lounge is great and always greets me warmly and by first name!

But for me the best part is the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. Each night when I come back to my room I get that "ahhh" feeling like I get at home! The staff are very responsive and go out of their way to make sure I have everything I need to be comfortable.

I have the opportunity to stay at various other places but I'll keep coming back because I know I can expect top service and an excellent place to stay while away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you so much for your commendation. What a great review! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are glad that we continuously exceed your expectations. The Radisson "Yes I Can" motto is deeply instilled in our staff and that is what makes your stays even better. It is our goal to make sure that we provide a "home away from home" experience, so we are happy to know that you get that "ahhh" feeling when you get to your room every night.

We look forward to your next visit! It is always a pleasure...

Thanks again!
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I took my husband for a birthday weekend visit to some Michigan breweries. I chose this hotel because it seemed like a great location in which we could walk to all of the downtown Kalamazoo establishments I had chosen to visit.

The Radisson is a pretty bustling busy hotel. Always a lot of people around the place. We were checked in right away when we arrived. Valet took our car immediately. The room was clean and comfortable. The mini fridge was a nice touch as I was purchasing a cake to take home (for the birthday) from a local market and was hoping I would have a place to store it. The bathroom was tiny but worked fine for our needs.

Only 2 minor nit-picks. The water pressure in the shower was TERRIBLE!! The water was nice and hot and drained well but there was just no pressure. Also, we called down to the front desk to have our car brought up for check out as we were a little bit on a time budget. The car was there waiting for us which was great, I just thought their valet department was a little lacking in assistance. The gentleman who helped us was very polite and I gave him a nice tip. I just am used to the valet people helping with your luggage and really trying to earn their tip. Here I was lucky to get them to hold the door for me. I don't think it was any type of intentional lacking of assistance, maybe it just didn't come to mind. It wasn't a big deal for me, but something I did observe.

The sports bar was nice and it was very busy but the service was good. The NCAA tournament game was one and the place was packed but we were still served promptly.

Overall the Radisson is a good hotel and one I would recommend. If we go back to Kalamazoo this is definitely where we'll stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GorillaPaper
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thanks so much for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel and for also taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to visit some of our local breweries. Our town is booming with breweries, wineries and many unique shops and retail stores; Great choice for a birthday outing with your husband. I am happy to hear that our valet service was prompt upon your arrival and departure. I do however, apologize for the low water pressure in your room and the lack of attention to seeing you out. We definitely appreciate any and all feedback. I will inform the necessary parties as to bring attention to these matters.

We appreciate having you as a guest and are pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay! :)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed April 2, 2014

A group of us stayed here for a 3-day conference last week. The hotel staff was always friendly and went out of their way to assist us if needed. The room itself was clean and with great decor; everyone was very comfortable. The conference venue was well set up and met all of our needs. A few presentations had experienced technical difficulties, but Radisson staff tried their best to remedy the situation. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to breweries and centrally located. Will definitely return the next time I'm in the Kalamazoo area!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Ambkaycl,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with me. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. I will share your comments with the entire team and properly recognize our associates for their efforts. Thank you again for choosing us and for your time in writing this feedback.

We look forward to your next visit! :)