“Best staff ever!”

Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was put up in this hotel while performing in the Kalamazoo area. At first I didn't like the detached garage arrangement, but that was not an issue really. What I found out was that a hotel is much more than the combination of amenities, it is the staff that makes the hotel. I was hoarse when I got there, and proceeded to get pretty sick while I was there. EVERYONE was so nice, so hospitable, and really tried to help me heal so I could do my job. The spa (thanks Kelly) was excellent. I used their steam room which helped my voice a lot. Even the housekeeping staff (thanks Brittany) left a note saying she hoped I felt better and thanked me for the tip. The Burdick's for Breakfast bar is great, and the waitress and chef both made tea for me. Everywhere I turned I was met with kindness. This is a great hotel. Felt like home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Perfect hotel for what it's designed to be. Price is probably a bit much for the demographic in the surrounding area though. Very spacious and very clean, beautiful rooms. Great decor throughout the hotel. Great service and atmosphere. No complaints.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for the compliments! We are glad to hear that you are happy with the renovations and enjoyed the new guestrooms. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Looking forward to seeing you again,
Michelle and the Kalamazoo Radisson team

Reviewed November 25, 2012

No complaints at this very nice hotel in Kalamazoo. It is the nicest hotel in Kalamazoo with an indoor pool and nice workout area. The hotel has a number of nice restaurants and a bar. The only issue is price which can be high.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for awarding us as the nicest hotel in Kalamazoo! We are happy to hear your thoughts, especially as someone who as tried other hotels in Kalamazoo.

We are running lots of specials and promotional rates for this season. Please call us and we can always work with you to get you the best stay possible!

Thanks for your time,
Michelle and the downtown Kalamazoo Radisson team

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The room once inside was fine but... We had to go to the front desk 5 times to get our card key recoded because we could not get in our room. Front desk staff kept trying to blame us saying we must have had it next to a credit card or phone. We did neither. We have stayed in hotels all over the world and never been treated with such accusatory disregard. To add to this our "validated" parking did not work either so we paid $20 to get out if the lot the night we registered. Told the desk & they did not reimburse or correct problem. We gave them 2nd parking slip to validate & no surprise to us it did not work either. Another $20 parking fee. We do not recommend this hotel. You would get better treatment at Super 8.

• Stayed: November 2012
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Hello,

I am sincerely sorry that we did not give you the experience that you deserved while staying with us. I understand that you feel you have already spent too much time dealing with the difficulties at the hotel. If you could give a few more minutes and speak with me, I am confident that we can find a way to make this right for you.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please call 269-343-3333.

Michelle

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Catching up on some reviews, was here a couple of weeks back to conduct some business in town.

Arrival: Lobby gives you the sense of upscale and trendy. Note that valet parking is available, cost was $20 a day if you select. Self parking in the adjacent parking garage was $15. Covered walkway from the garage to the hotel going above the street. Front desk staff were helpful and knowledgeable, Allison was able to explain the logistics of the hotel clearly for me upon arrival and also Josh provided some helpful dining options around the downtown.

Room: Selected a business suite as I do a lot of work at night and sometimes bring takeout to my room. Kitchenette with single burner and full size refrigerator. Mini coffee maker, sink, dishwasher and plates/silverware. Bathroom spacious, double vanity separate from shower/toilet area, shower quite large with an area to sit in the stall, dual shower heads independently controlled, one fixed and one with a wand. Water was plenty hot, pressure could have been higher. My only complaint was the wireless (is free BTW), it seems to come and go at times, I contacted the front desk and they said they would report it to IT. Maybe it was because I was at the end of the building, but not sure. Once I was aware of it, then I was able to deal with it, watching when I sent things. Would be nice to have wired connection as an option.

Fitness center. One of the better ones that I have seen, half a dozen treadmills, about the same for ellipticals and about 3 bikes. A complete module of Nautilus, as well as free weights. Also a room for fitness classes. Pool area attached with hot tub as well, was well maintained. Locker room is outstanding with showers. Lockers to secure your items and a sauna as well. Plenty of towels, and even a machine to wring the water out of your swim trunks.

Dining: I am not a breakfast person but I am told the buffet is top notch, I took advantage of the apples at the front desk. I frequented the Rio in the mornings for coffee, Starbucks brands served. They have lattes, espressos and such, and also brewed coffee at a kiosk where you can serve yourself. Flavored creams are comp. Chose to take dinner at other locations but have heard well about the options in the hotel.

I dont frequent Kalamazoo for my business travel but if I were to return, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Michelle M, Front Office at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Hello!

We appreciate that you took the time to share information and opinions about your recent visit with us- thanks! I hope that you got time to enjoy the view from the large windows in the business class suites and that the room suited your needs for working at night.

Our apologies regarding the wireless connection. Within the last few weeks, we have significantly upgraded the infrastructure and you should expect much better connections on your future stays. With our switch to completely free wireless for all guests in the hotel, we had to increase our output ability.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Michelle and the entire Radisson team

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed here as a family for 3 nights while Househunting to relocate to the area. Loved being in the heart of the downtown area. Nice and clean hotel with a modern/contemporary feel. The room is a bit tight for a family... Not a lot of space to maneuver. I also noticed more noise than I would have liked overnight. But overall, a good, well located, clean choice for business or family travel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Good morning!

I hope that you got the chance to stay in one of our larger suites but it sounds like maybe you in were in a standard room. If your trip to Kalamazoo did not result in a successful home hunt, please be sure to mention your needs for space. We will be sure to get you in the room that fits your family best!

Hopefully, you found the perfect home for you family and will just be visiting us on 'stay-cations' and relaxing nights away.

Welcome to Kalamazoo! Please let us know if we can help you with anything.

Thanks,
Michelle and all of the Radisson Team Members

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful lobby, 5star gym (unique) where the pool is big with a waterfall! Starbucks is located up the escalator, great rooms cool views, great breakfast restaurant too! Buffet is only $14 and comes with a made to order omelette bar, fresh fruit. Yogurt the whole 9 yards! The hotel also has a sports bar, steakhouse and spa!

• Stayed: November 2012

Good Morning Paul,

Coming from North Carolina, we consider you quite the expert on great views. Therefore, we are very flattered that you commented on our "great rooms, cool views". Thank you for sharing your visit with others and for letting us know what stands out to you.

Please be sure to come back and make use of the awesome group classes that our guest can join (complimentary). I promise you will work up a huge appetite and then be able to get even more enjoyment out of the awesome buffet, start off with an everything omelette made to order by Brandon and then work your way around. Did you get a chance to try the cinnamon swirl french toast?

Thank you for your visit, your time and your thoughts! We appreciate it all.

Michelle and the Radisson Plaza at Downtown Kalamazoo