“Clean quiet and comfortable!”

Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Clean quiet and comfortable!”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

checked in over the christmas holiday. Room was clean, bedding was amazing, king bed was a dial your comfort bed which was so amazing! Location was perfect ad hotel bar/restaurant was affordable and fun and served food later.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Wonderful stay. My girlfriend and I have traveled extensively and this was far away one of the nicer hotels we've stayed at. Although we didn't get a chance to peruse any of the dining options, the restaurants smelled lovely and the public area restrooms were about as clean as I've ever seen at a hotel with so much going on.
The desk staff was very courteous and the only sour part of the trip was the cost of parking. I will surely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Kalamazoo. Well worth the price.

Room Tip: If you are traveling during the week always ask for an upgrade. The hotel is very slow and they migh...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Haslett, Michigan
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We went to this hotel for a weekend getaway. It could not be better located. We walked to the charming park with traditional Christmas decorations, and strolled the cute shops and great nightlife spots nearby. The hotel itself is like a small city, with great restaurants and a very nice clothing store, Sydney's. The very best thing is the brunch in the hotel. They had Bananas Foster to put on top of the made to order pancakes or waffles, tons of unusual breads, fruit, omeletes...it rocked.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer views
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
louisville
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I stayed at the Radisson hotel in Kalamazoo for a few nights on an interview a few weeks back. It had just recently snowed and I couldnt read any of the street signs and one of the desk staff, Jess was her name i think, stayed on the phone with me and guided me into the hotel based on her vivid pictoral knowledge of town until I made it in. I was running late to get to a dinner and had to run up to my room (very clean, comfortable, ofcourse) and she hand wrote out directions to the destination with descriptions of what I would see at the important points should the street signs be covered with snow. Ive stayed at some extremely nice hotels and B&Bs, but Ive never had service like that which I received while at the Radisson. Thankyou Jess!- I made it on time to my interview and didnt get lost even though not a street sign was visible the whole way; you are fantastic!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel over the weekend and in addition to the staff being very pleasant. We had a great room. In addition they will be getting ready to do a remodel which we thought wouldn't be needed at this date but nice to see they want to keep the hotel apperance up.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here on business in the last year. On both occasions, a person immediately came outside to offer to valet park my car (which I accepted), help with my luggage, and open the front doors (very nice after flying all day). The young woman at the Front Desk was extremely gracious. Finally, the beds are great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I really liked the rooms, they did feel kinda like home, there was a few experiances that I wouldnt wish on anyone..... A girl from Vancouver B.C that works at the front desk was very rude to me, thank God Ive matured as much as I have and Im older now and know how to deal with that sort of thing because a year ago she most likely woulda got yelled at and I probably woulda have used mean words and I may have been kicked out of the hotel. Two days ago I was just waking up and going downstairs for coffee when a woman standing by the elevator asked me to get her towels, she got really mad when I told her to call the front desk.... Then I realized she thought I worked in the hotel, I mean I just woke up and I may have looked a little rough but I didnt have a name tag on and it was very akward I guess you can saw, I ate everyday at Burdicks and everyone in that resturaunt is awesome and the fish and chips were my favorite I think I ate them litterally 8 times in the 7 days ive been here.
This morning I met a woman at the front desk named Ashley Spehr, she was very nice and I was very thankful for her to be there because the mean lady from Vancouver is usually at the desk during the day and Ive been avoiding her, I have Homes in both Arizona and Nevada so this was my vacation I just wanted to go to a place that was quiet and not so busy.... I have familliy here and I am gonna be opening a business here soon but if not for meeting Ashley today I would never stay in this Hotel again.... I would suggest the radisson to anyone interested in coming to kalamazoo, I just hope that you dont have similar incidents as me.... Thank you very much Ashley Spehr

Room Tip: stay away from the girl from vancouver at the front desk, shes very mean!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo