“One of my favorite restaurants”

University Roadhouse
Ranked #28 of 347 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Love the chicken picatta, but this restaurant has an extensive menu, helpful employees, nice atmosphere indoors or out, a nice wine list and works with just a good friend, a group or with kids.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

We ate at the Roadhouse on Dec 30 in a party of five ranging from age 18 to 88. ALL loved their food. We ordered stuffed portabella entree, salmon Caesar, a chicken puff pastry with spinach & feta, ahi tuna, & an Italian grinder. The service was sooo fast, and the food was delicious. Everyone ate all their food and raved about it. It had been at least a year since we were there & we think it is better than ever. The remodled interior is very nice. This is a darker, slightly bar-feeling restaurant, but completely appropriate for kids. But we were glad it was just adults eating, as we had a peaceful, enjoyable visit.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

We had a GREAT dinner tonight on the campus of our Alma Mater~ Western Michigan University!! The service at University Roadhouse was outstanding!! The waitress and management tended to our every need. My husband ordered the salmon special which was stuffed with cream cheese, spinach, artichokes, and scallions. It was served with long grain wild rice, steamed vegetables and garlic toast. My daughter ordered the sesame steak stir-fry. It was loaded with veggies and rice. It was tasty too. (I had to sample it!) I got the gyro. It was flavored just right and the sauce was smooth and rich~ dill sauce. YUM!! It was served with french fries. The two things that will bring us back again~ HOT, delicious food and GREAT service!!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stopped in for lunch at this busy place near the WMU football stadium. We loved the atmosphere and the service was great. It was Mexican Wednesday and the waitress suggested a couple of their Mexican entrees. I should have followed my first instinct to pass on the Mexican food from a non-Mexican restaurant. Our meals were average at best. We both wished we had selected something else from the menu and left thinking we'd do just that on our next trip to Kalamazoo. We got the feeling that the University Roadhouse deserved another chance.

Reviewed May 12, 2011

We eat here 2-3 times a month and are always pleased! It is our go-to place when we want to go out to dinner because of its diverse menu, quality food, and friendly staff. My son loves the Tavern Steak, my husband often times orders their wet burrito, and my favorite is the Bells beer battered cod or one of the stir-fry dishes. Every summer they have an additional menu with summer favorites that includes several delicious salads and strawberry shortcake. I highly recommend this restaurant to families. It isn't full of the college scene crowd like one might think because of its proximity to campus....at least not the party crowd.
YOu also have the option of dining inside or out on the lower patio or upstairs on the balcony. VERY NICE RESTAURANT!
Also have great appetizers and drinks and is very close to Miller Auditorium for a after show stop.
They had a LOVELY Easter brunch!

3  Thank lovievl