“Lonely People in a Lonely Home”
Review of Hall House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalamazoo
Hall House
Ranked #5 of 6 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Florida
“Lonely People in a Lonely Home”
Reviewed January 17, 2008

Our stay was very depressing.

The owners and the house appeared very lonely and depressed and indeed told us so.

My wife and I both agreed that these were two individuals that did not want to be running a B&B. They complained about being tied to the house constantly and just sat in the dark most evening when no guest were there.

A very depressing vist and stay.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank sammFlorida
house275, Innkepers/owners at Hall House, responded to this review, March 15, 2008
We just came across this review and have to say we are quite puzzled by it. It did take them seven months to write this review and perhaps these folks have us confused with some other poor souls. If not, their psychoanalysis of us is completely untrue.
We do not complain about anything to our guests. We have never told any guests we are lonely or depressed because number one, we are not lonely or depressed and number two, we love being innkeepers. We believe being innkeepers is one of the best jobs out there. Where else can you work out of your home and meet travelers from all over the world. We can assure you that there is no vampire lineage in our family history and we do not, quote unquote, "just sit in the dark most evenings when no guests are here." - nor have we told anyone we do. Our quarters are private and completely separate from the guests areas which makes it impossible for any guest to see what we do during our personal time.
We ask any future potential guests to take sammflorida's review with a grain of salt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed December 7, 2007

Traveling for business as a self employed trainer, I selected Hall House for personal comfort vs. a chain hotel. I was greeted warmly and immediately felt welcome in a relaxing atmosphere. The owners, Mr. and Mrs. Griffith, are truly genuine hosts and showed me around their beautiful property. Quiet, peaceful and extremely clean, the room I stayed in provided all I needed for piece of mind. The common areas are warm and cozy, too, and the breakfast was delicious! The location is so convenient for business in the area and I will definitely return in the future. I highly recommend Hall House Bed and Breakfast for anyone who craves quality accommodations at a very reasonable price. As I conduct training in customer service, I tend to have a critical eye every where I go. Hall House exceeded my expectations!

Stayed December 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed November 26, 2007

At first sight, Hall House is a large, pretty brick home. The beautiful mohagany interior is striking and is seen everywhere from the floors, moldings, railings and grand staircase. Each room of the Inn is unique with it's own beautiful decor. The special Pewabic ceramic tile found in the bathrooms and grand entry-way is a delightful quality. My personal favorite features were the multiple-head shower stall and the cast-iron claw-foot bathtub. Each room is named in accord with the original owners, the Hall Family. The sense of history is maintained with a scrapbook available for the browsing. It depicts the history of the home and original builder/owner, complete with story and photos.
The warmth of the innkeepers Cathy and David Griffith are the icing on the cake. Cathy's genuine smiling face and laugh and infectious. They are ready with information at their fingertips for anything you could ask for. Their pride in the Hall house is reflected in the care of details they provide; from ironing the bed pillow slips to the handmade baked goods prepared each morning for breakfast. They have great suggestions for local restaurants and sights to visit. My stay was too short-lived and I look forward to another excuse to return to this B&B. I highly recommend staying with the Griffith's at the Hall House whenever in Kalamazoo!!!

Stayed November 2007
Michigan
Reviewed November 18, 2007

This is the second time we have stayed at Hall House while visiting my daughter at Kalamazoo College. The location can't be any better for K College visitors....Hall House is just down the street from the school's library. Built in 1923, Hall House is an architectural treat...Pewabic tiles, beautiful Honduras Mahogany trim, high painted ceilings, impressive entryway with wide curving staircase. Each bedroom is unique and has a special name. Breakfast is served in the huge dining room. The food is excellent (we have had the full breakfast on the weekends) and the atmosphere welcoming. David and Cathy, the innkeepers, are happy to recommend restaurants or shopping or sightseeing opportunities in the Kalamazoo area.

Stayed November 2007
Chicago area
Reviewed November 15, 2006

I recently spent an overnight at Hall House in Kalamazoo, MI. I was meeting my college roommate there to celebrate our mutual birthdays. We chose it because it was halfway between Detroit and Chicago, our respective homes. Hall House was everything we were looking for. Kalamazoo is a charming college town with some fun shops and good restaurants. Hall House is a lovely and well-run place to retreat to. We rented the "Penthouse Suite" which gave us plenty of space to relax in. It was immaculate and welcoming and we would have loved to have been able to spend more time there. The innkeepers, Dave and Cathy Griffith, were friendly and accomodating. We thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them and visiting with them. They made us feel very welcome. We are looking forward to going back again sometime. Kalamazoo may not be a popular tourist destination, but if you are looking for a place to relax and getaway, I highly recommend giving Hall House a try.

• Liked — the charming, homey feeling and uniqueness of the house
  • Disliked — it is confusing to get to because of one way streets in downtown Kalamazoo
  • Tips/Secrets — get your directions from the innkeepers, not mapquest
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank maelin
georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2002

We stayed at the Hall House Bed and Breakfast in Kalamazoo run by Scott and his wife, Terry. We had a lovely time, the breakfasts were delicious and the accomodations were idyllic. We also had an absolutely incredible meal at the Food Dance Restaurant, which was recommended to us by Terry. She knows the best food in town! We also saw a wonderful show at the Gull Lake Cafe in nearby Richland, called "Women of Song". It was a great show with many of the wonderful old time ballads!

6 Thank honorary