All reviews front desk great hotel hear people walking newer hotel complimentary breakfast nice pool bathroom sink business center spacious rooms would definitely stay here again easy access would highly recommend this hotel nice stay up to date off the highway business trip fitness center
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Exceeded expectations on almost every level. Clean lobby, nice , roomy fitness center with equipment in good working order. Staff was helpful and friendly. Complimentary parking, and easy access to 94.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rebecca S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some much needed feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Kalamazoo-Airport, and look forward to your next visit to Kalamazoo! Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand! I hope that you have a lovely day :)

Reviewed August 7, 2018

Very impressed with our stay
Great location. Right next to the airport but our room was very quite.
Several dining options within walking distance
We travel to the Grand Rapids area often and find many properties are not clean, over priced, and staffed by rude people.
We are now considering driving and staying in Kalamazoo at the Hampton Inn
The staff were all extremely nice and helpful
Big compliments have to be given to Zeus, who was working the desk as we checked in
He treated each customer with respect and kindness. He went out of his way to help a elderly coulple find accomadations else where since the hotel was completely booked.
He also secured us a lower rate when he learned we were there for our uncles funeral
We will return.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Rebecca S, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some much needed feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Kalamazoo-Airport, and look forward to your next visit to Kalamazoo! Thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton Brand! We are always striving to improve, so if you have any other comments or suggestions about our property, I would love to hear them!. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

The lady at the front desk was awful at 12am. Made me come down for two pillows and shampoo. Got down there for only one pillow and then said she would have one sent up even though she had made me come down because she had no one to send up with it. She was super rude after I asked for the second pillow against and said I always had eight I didn’t need any more. Wouldn’t recommend for the staff alone.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Roberto R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Hello,

I do apologize for your experience at our location. I am definitely not use to this response about our staff so I am super sorry. If there is anything I can do or would like to talk about this please contact me at the hotel phone (269)343-0400

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honors member and stay in Hampton Inns all over. We like the comfort, cleanliness and attention to detail in the room layouts that they have seemed to all consistently provide. To my surprise, this particular one was not the same.

I’ve always liked the fact that the bathroom sink is located in the bathroom and behind a closed door instead of around a partition where the light and noise come into the bedroom disturbing any that may still be asleep. However, this location did not have that feature or the shelf below the sink to store toiletry bags. We didn’t find the hair dryer located in a black bag hanging in the closet until the second day we were there.

The worn look of the room was very disappointing with the couch cushion on one end sunken completely down to the frame while the other end was at full height making it completely lopsided. When I pulled the couch out from the wall a bit to plug in an iPad, there was candy and wrappers on the floor behind the couch. The grout in the shower was black in several areas and either needed a fine scrubbing or replaced.

The comforter on the bed was a very heavy comforter for winter and too hot to use unless we kept the room temperature freezing. The light sheet was not enough of a cover so we got out the one blanket in the closet but we were using two beds so one of us went without. The blanket had several holes in it and seemed old and well-used. Even the pillows weren’t as nice as other Hamptons where I have stayed.

I do have to say that the staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful as I have found in other Hamptons and the bed was comfortable and the room quiet. Breakfast was okay but the first morning, there was no sausage or bacon as usually provided with the scrambled eggs - just potatoes. This hotel was okay but was less than what I have found in the standards of all the other Hamptons in which I’ve stayed which was a surprise.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Rebecca S, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Kalamazoo. It was disheartening to read about the issues you encountered during your stay. We take these concerns seriously and place great emphasis on maintaining a clean and healthy safe environment for all of our guests, Your concerns have been relayed to our leadership team and together we will make sure steps are taken so this doesn't happen again!
We value your feedback and your business. The next time you and your family are in the area, I truly hope that you will give us a second chance. I will personally see to it that your experience will be memorable and up to our usual high standards! If you have any other comments about our property, please feel free to reach out anytime! I hope that you have a great day.

Reviewed July 13, 2018

Hotel staff were awesome! Always freindly and accomodating.
Room was clean and we used the gym every morning.
Even though it is next to the airport, the air traffic is minimal so it was not an issue.
Spent the day at the

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Kalamazoo Airport, and for sharing your wonderful experience online. We are delighted to hear that you loved our hotel which was perfect for your needs. Thank you for being our loyal guest. It was our pleasure hosting you and we hope to welcome you and your family back with us soon!