“Casual comfort”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and we were very comfortable. The staff are young and very casual and very pleasant. There is no lobby, the check-in area is tiny and congested and the breakfast area is very small but our 3rd floor suite was spacious. The bathroom space was small but functional. Overall, we would pick this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great place for visit with children. Plenty of outdoor/green space to play outside. Nice warm pool area with none slip deck, another plus with kids. Very attentive staff, from front desk, breakfast matron, to housekeeping staff. Large, spacious rooms with a firm comfortable mattress with your choice of pillows, feather or foam. Breakfast has a nice variety of healthy choices. The only negative I have, and the reason I gave an average for cleanliness, is that they allow smokers right outside the main entrance and there are cigarette butts all around the entrance, very unsightly!

Room Tip: Top floor, it felt we had someone jumping on our heads most of our stay.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I am a Marriott PLATINUM member...... so be careful - this is how they treat me.

i checked in friday nite at 1130pm.... and the room was dirty! blankets on couch and bed, pillows tossed about..... someone had partied in there BEFORE i arrived!

i called the front desk.... the moved me to a new room..... it was dirty too! dirty kleenex and cardboard remnants..... etc.

DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THIS IS!? checking into a DIRTY room? not hidden dirt - i mean SOMEONE HAS BEEN IN HERE DOING SOMETHING DIRT and MESS.

NOT A GOOD PLACE in my opinion....... made me VERY NERVOUS.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank p-mshires
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Really great location and outstanding staff! James at the front desk handled my reservation and bereavement rate with professionalism and compassion. Excellent room and free access to a really nice health club that is 5 minutes away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed one night with my family. It was just like all the other newe Town Place Suites that I have stayed. in. Clean with all the modern ammenities. Breakfast was simple but adequate. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. I liked the quiet location just outside of town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This place is amazing. After a long ride in the car we were more then happy when we arrived here. The facility is wonderful and I can not say enough about the staff. James was awesome, he went above and beyond to make us feel right at home. If you are traveling to Kalamazoo I highly recommend this place. Once again I want to personally thank the staff for making our stay that much more enjoyable. James Thank You!!

Room Tip: The place is wonderful you cannot go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm never disappointed when I stay here while I'm in Kalamazoo on business. Jenna is so kind & accommodating. She goes out of her way to make me feel welcome & comfortable. She has my bags waiting in the room for me when I arrive and knows my room preferences. I feel that the staff genuinely cares about my comfort. I will miss them when my business is complete in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed: February 2013