“Nice Stay”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose the TownePlace because of its location. We were going on a driving weekend color tour. The staff is very nice. Zeus was wonderful taking our reservation. James was very nice at check in. He helped provide us with directions to various locations. The room was very nice. Full kitchen was a great option. Love having a big fridge. Lots of storage! Loved the rolling table under the computer desk. Was great to read the Sunday paper on. The bed was really comfy. The breakfast in the morning was ok. Mostly cereal, toast, yogurt and fruit. There are pancakes in the mini fridge that you can mico. No extra hot choices. The breakfast area was very nice and well maintained. We had a wonderful stay. Really liked this hotel.

Room Tip: We had room 125 and really loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michigangirljms

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This format is intended for extended stay guests but we only had a short stay. We didn't need the stove or fridge, but they didn't get in the way either. The room is very functional, very clean and modern. It was very quiet too.

The fitness room has two Startac treads (one was out of order, the other needed the belt waxed). The room also had a Lifefitness recumbent bike. I noticed too late that they had passes for a local gym.

The breakfast was a little disappointing. They only serve until 9:30. Plus, it was mostly just cold cereal, yogurt, toast, packaged oatmeal. I'm not really trying to complain, but expected a little more.

I still want to give four stars because overall, we were pleased with the service, the room was fantastic, and other than the hiccups above, nothing wrong.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We like the higher floors. The lower floors bump against the parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janie C
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Zeus was great; very helpful and friendly. Room was clean and quiet. Climate control was good. Decent breakfast.

The "fitness center" is pretty small and only has two treadmills, a stationary bike, a ball and free weights in the form of dumbells (no bench). There is a pool as well. Water is on the cool side (which I prefer but many would find too cold).

Would definitely stay here again :-).

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sara N
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I traveled to Kalamazoo on business and had never stayed in this brand of Marriott before. It was near to where I was working so I booked a room. When I entered the first room they had assigned to me, the first thing I noticed is that it smelled very musty. I opened up the window to let fresh air in and at first did not want to complain so I left the window open for several hours while I was at work. When I returned, the room still did not smell fresh so I asked for a different room. The second room wasn't any better. The manager who brought me the keys for the second room said maybe the rooms just need air freshener and I said that they should not need to use air fresheners to make the rooms smell clean if they are properly cleaned in the first place. A positive is that the decor of the room was nice and I liked the color scheme that they used. Also, if you are staying for an extended period of time or have small children, these rooms have full kitchens in them. I personally would not stay here again if in the area on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Thogh Locatedjust off I-94, the room was quite. Size of the room was small but comfortable with a full size frig and a cooktop. Staff was pleasant and there were no problems checking out a day early even though the checkout time had passed. Breakfast area was clean and the food what one would expect. Beds were comfortable. Location was good with easy access to tennis sites. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

the hotel was very clean, service was awesome, every one that worked there was very nice and helpful

Room Tip: the room we had was nice kitchen area, bed room plus a seprate living room
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed at the TownePlace Suites because we were attending a graduation at the local university. We expected the prices to be increased over the graduation weekend, but instead we were pleasantly surprised when we were given a $20 discount per room per night because we were there for that very event. We stayed in a studio suite, which was very roomy and clean. The kitchen was complete with a full-size refrigerator, stove, microwave, plenty of cabinet space, and all of the basic dishes, pots, and pans. The table comfortably sat four people, which is unusual. There were two large, comfy chair and a flat screen TV in the sitting area. The beds were very comfortable, and there were two, large closets. There was a sink area outside of the bathroom, so that someone could shower and get ready at the same time. The only thing that was a bit odd about the room was the full-length mirror on the wall directly across from the toilet in the bathroom - slightly akward!! The rooms were not yet wireless, but there was a wired port, and wireless internet was coming soon. Continental breakfast was served, offering a good variety of food. There was also a fitness area and indoor pool. All in all, TownePlace Suites was a very comfortable, homey place to stay at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family