“So So”

Kalamazoo, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So So”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The sauce was very good. However, the chicken dish I ordered left a little to be desired, You could tell it was from a bag of frozen chicken (the kind you buy at Meijers or Walmart). The chicken pieces weren't "clean", meaning it had the fatty bits on them. I ended up not being able to eat my meal because of that reason.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michele B

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Fantastic for Gluten-free options”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Comensoli's has been a favorite of mine for years (even when it was Pasta Pasta!). I trust them with my meal preparation for being gluten-free with no cross contamination issues. That is a hard to come by comfort zone. I love the quaint, smaller venue atmosphere and the wonderful staff. Thanks so much for another perfect night out!

• Visited February 2014
Akron, Ohio
“Good food, great service”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went on a busy Saturday night, with a reservation. The bar area is a little small, so not much room to sit while you wait. The hostess seated us promptly and the waitress was very helpful and attentive. The salmon picatta and chicken cacciatore were very good, although the sauces were a little heavy for our tastes. Wines by the glass were good and reasonably priced. As mentioned in other reviews, it's a little hard to find the parking lot entrance, but the location is central and near Kalamazoo College and downtown. I'll be sure to go again on my next trip to Kalamazoo.

Visited February 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Wonderful food and perfect atmosphere”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I found this place using the tripadvisor search. I was on a business trip in Kalamazoo and wanted to treat colleagues to a nice Italian meal. I had never been to Comensoli's before, so I took a chance based upon the reviews and Comensoli's web site. It was wonderful. It's small, about 12 - 15 tables for four, not counting the patio area, but it's very cold in February. They pulled a couple together for our group of six.

The wine selection is good, not extensive, but good variety. The food was fantastic. Prices were very reasonable. I expected slightly higher prices for the quality of the food.

We arrived just before 6:00 on a Monday night, and there was only one other couple present. That made me a little nervous, but by 6:15, nearly half the tables were full. By 6:30, tables were full and a couple sat at the small bar.

Not much divides the dining room from the kitchen, so the place filled with a wonderful aroma. It has personality, and the pictures on it's website do show what the decor is like.

Meals were between $12 - $16. Wine $5 - $8 per glass. I will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Constantine, Michigan
“Pizza special”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had a couple of the pizza and salad specials...enjoy them! Owner was there and checked on our. Satisfaction, really seemed to care.

• Visited November 2013