“Cozy Italian”

Cuisines: American, European, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is the place to come to for a cozy little meal. The food is *so* good, I love their Wilted Rose soup!! Never had anything like it, at first I was skeptical but its robust flavor won me over. Only thing I miss is they used to have a pasta bar. But I guess that can get expensive. I would totally recommend it for a nice night out.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

$7.95 for lunch. Soup, hot, delicious, tasty!! Main hot meal, super fresh high quality food, freshly baked yummy bread. I couldn't have expected more for $15 lunch. I will be back, frequently, I'm kind of upset no one has ever taken me here or mentioned it before now.
I've wasted so many lunches at "so-so" diners downtown.

I can't wait to bring my husband back for dinner.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This place was amazing! My boyfriend and I travel a lot, and our restaurant experiences are always hit or miss. We really had no complaints about this place at all. We went here for a nice dinner at around 6:30. The outdoor seating area looked quite charming, but we decided to sit inside because it was pretty humid out. The inside is quaint, with only about 10 tables and a small bar. The atmosphere was perfect for our date. Not too fancy, not overdone with fake Italian decorations like an Olive Garden. The background music consisted of Frank Sinatra/Dean Martin songs and the like. Our waitress was fabulous. Attentive but not bothersome. We ordered the tortellini and the chicken marsala and we shared both. Both dishes were perfect and very flavorful. The only thing I would mention is that it was a little cool inside for me (temperature-wise) since I was wearing a sleeveless dress. So be prepared if you get cold easily. Overall I'd say this place is romantic without being pretentious. Prices are reasonable as well.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

All menu items and specials I have tried have been delicious. The atmosphere is of a friendly neighborhood restaurant. The special events are intriguing, like bocce tournaments!

2  Thank SherryRR
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We've lived in Italy, and this place isn't it. But it's OK, just nothing special. The bread comes with no butter. I ordered chicken cacciatore, and what I got was good, but I'm not sure it was chicken cacciatore (it wasn't like any I've had before). My wife had chicken marsala, and said it was very good. We each had leftovers to take home. When we got our bill, the waitress told us that since we had a coupon, they figured the tip and added it to the bill. They added over 20% on the total including the tax, which I thought was high. Nothing on the coupon said that the restaurant got to add the tip.