“No rooms in town”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My son plays travel baseball so we have stayed at a lot of motels and hotels but for the money I have never had a more pleasant stay than with Staybridge Suites in Kalamazoo. There were more amenities than any other chain for less than you would pay for at most of the others, My family and I were very comfortable and the staff were very willing to do whatever it took to make it that way. I would recommend this place to anyone and I will look for it in the future Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Still seems a little expensive. Hotel is fairly new and decorated beautifully. We arrived at 1am and checked out at 5:30am, so it was a short visit. It was quiet and the beds were comfortable. Even though the room was large, I didn't care for the layout. We were traveling with our teenage son and he likes some privacy. It was one big room. There is no partial wall separating the sleeping area from from the sleep sofa, like many other chains. The only plus for this hotel is a full kitchen. That's right, it even had a two-burner stove and a 3/4-sized refrigerator. How many people want this?!! Breakfast doesn't start until 7:30. I asked if any fruit or pastries were available earlier, but was told there wasn't anything, other than coffee.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tamaralea
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Spent 4 nights at the Staybridge Suites while visiting family in Kalamazoo. The suite (top floor) was huge, with a large living room/dining room/kitchenette (approx. 18x18), a big bedroom with a king size bed, a nice vanity area, good size closet and a non-descript bathroom. The kitchenette was fully stocked (frig, microwave, dishwasher, pots, pans, plates, etc. and they even included a potholder). The suite was clean and tastefully furnished. The front room had a large, round dining/conference table and plenty of seating. The Wi-Fi worked great and they appear to even change to password periodically. Plenty of spaces to set up a laptop and work.

The continental breakfast was the best complimentary continental breakfast I have encountered in the last few years (and I've seen a lot of them) with real oatmeal (not instant packets), fruit, eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), sausages, ham or bacon (varied each day), yogurt, breads, waffle maker, muffins, etc. The coffee (and I'm a Decaf drinker) was very good. Everything was fresh and the staff did a good job refilling the serving trays. They also serve a complimentary evening meal Tues, Wed, and Thurs; of which I did not partake.

The atmosphere was generally low-key. Most of the other guests appeared to be business travelers and the few families had well-behaved young children. The staff were reserved, but friendly enough and professional. Of note, the property offers limited housekeeping; so if you bring breakfast to your room, expect to take your dirty dishes back to the communal dining area. If staying 7 nights or less housekeeping consists of clean towels, bed making and trash out. Longer stays get a thorough cleaning once a week. Guest laundry (also complimentary, just bring or buy HE detergent from the on-site store) was clean and all machines in good working order. The fitness room (limited, but ok) connects to the laundry so I was able get some time on the elliptical while my clothes washed. There's a courtyard patio area and an indoor pool and spa.

Overall, the place is a little pricey for Kalamazoo, but it was worth it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor to avoid the sound of guests above you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdtravelertoo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great Hotel. Rooms were super affordable and super luxurious. The hotel provided a continental style breakfast which exceeded all expectations. The hotel also provided complimentary dinners with different menu items daily. I was here for a conference so I did not get a chance to enjoy the lovely pool area. Kalamazoo is a nice city, friendly people and quaint downtown area. Please visit if you are in the area, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this property as part of a group; I don't know that we would have chosen it otherwise. But, we were happy with the hotel and enjoyed the stay. The size of the suites was terriffic and they were well-appointed. We were only there three nights, but it would have been great for an extended stay. The rooms were clean, continental breakfast was good, reservation was correct and the price was very reasonable. The room was clean when we arrived but the daily maid service was a little lax....but I understand we were not paying for it at an extended stay property. I had problems getting clean towels, but otherwise the service was OK. The lobby area and courtyard were nice. So, overall, I have to rate it very good!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Hotel. I am happy you enjoyed your stay, if you are in the Kalamazoo area again we will look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked a room for one night on our trip through Michigan. My husband is a platinum member and we were very impressed with the service. The room was very large and spotless! The morning breakfast was okay....can't really complain because it was included in the price. We would highly recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your kind compliments, I am glad you enjoyed your evening with us. Next time I hope you can stay longer, Kalamazoo has a lot of great things to offer not found anywhere else.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Holy smoke, this place is huge, clean, extremely well laid out. We just got here and we are all so happy to be in a clean, well laid out room. Can't believe the price for a room this nice and considering its proximity to the college we wanted to visit, it is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
rick z, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope you enjoyed your visit with the local college and will be coming back to visit more often. We look forward to seeing you soon.