“Great facilities. So-so on the cleanliness.”

Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
“Great facilities. So-so on the cleanliness.”
Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Upon entering our suite we thought 'wow!! This place is awesome'. However we were very disappointed in the cleanliness. Shower and bath not very clean, hair around the room and a sticky residue on the desk. Otherwise, I would have given it four stars. Too bad. Would try other options next time I'm in the area. Our suite was also at the far end of the hall near the side door and stairs which was very loud as people thundered up the stairs.

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear TravelingT137,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I'm truly pleased you found our facilities commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual condition of the room you received and I regret you were not able to enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to assure you that the challenges you encountered are not indicative of our usual high standards. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Cassopolis, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I will be returning this is what I expect at a staybridge good staff nice room pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family of four stayed in one of their two bedroom suites for a week recently. We have never been more comfortable in a hotel! The parents slept in a room with a king size bed. The two children shared
the other bedroom, each with his own queen size bed. Both bedrooms had an attached full bathroom.
There was also a small but fully equipped kitchen and a suitable size living room. An indoor pool with
hot tub and free use of numerous washing machines and dryers were some of our favorite amenities.
Free daily hot/cold breakfast was much appreciated. Free light dinners were offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. All this and an easy quick drive to the Kalamazoo International Airport too! The only thing we thought could use improvement was the housekeeping. We had to ask for
more soap, toilet paper and coffee. We also had to request for housekeeping during the weekend.
Other than that, Staybridge Suites was a great place to stay and we will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pretty courtyard and choose a room on the top floor to avoid hear...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marquette, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and always been treated very, very well. A super staff, excellent rooms, great breakfast and even happy hour buffets on occasion. When were were visiting our son at WMU over Thanksgiving they also put out a most excellent holiday spread too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed June 12, 2012

June 1-3 was the best weekend of my life. I married my best friend and I never imagined when I would be thinking about the memories weeks later... that I would be thinking about the amazing experience we had at our hotel. AMAZING... I have never had such a fantastic experience with a hotel in my life. Patrick, the hotel manager went above and beyond any expectations I could have ever had. From setting up a private conference room for hair and make-up for all of the girls to taking things we forgot up to our rooms after pictures. The hotel was spotless. I MEAN SPOTLESS. Cleaner than my own home. Every morning there were friendly staff cleaning and straightening ever inch of the hotel. When a room was over booked for my father, Patrick made sure to accommodate everyone somehow. And when we were a little loud they didn't over react.. just reminded us of the time and we willingly quieted down. The breakfast was amazing and the selection was killer! The courtyard was so beautifully manicured we took a lot of our bridal party pictures there! Who would have thought! I will 100% be suggesting to all friends and family to stay here from this point on. I thank Patrick and his staff for helping make my wedding weekend perfect.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was on a Broadway tour and planned on staying at the Staybridge for the two weeks our show was in town Miller Auditorium. I was impressed upon checking in.I checked in on March 21, 2012. The place was clean, they had a complimentary dinner, pool, nice patio. I found my room comfortable. Cable tv with HBO and nice bed. At 4:30 in the morning I heard someone above me working out. I called the front desk and asked them to visit or call the room because my bed was literally shaking. The shaking did not stop so at 4:45 I called the desk again and asked if they'd called and was told "no they did not". I said you need to send someone to my room immediately to see what I'm talking about as this is unacceptable. Some very tall,big young man (forgot his name) comes to my room. He tells me he can't hear anything. I said "you've got to be kidding me ! You don't hear or feel the vibration??!!! He said he didn't.
I took out my MacBook pro and Apogee One and opened up Logic Studio and recorded the room sound. Then I showed him the recording. I said "Do you see those waves with the big humps in a regular pattern? That's the sound in this room. The regular pattern means that there is a rhythmic cadence!!!!!" He said 'well I hear some movement, but I can't say it's someone working out'.
As I was checking out first thing in the morning I was asked why I was cutting my stay short? I told them about the incident and they smiled like it was funny to them. They didn't ask if they could do anything for me, offer to move me to a different room...nothing. At that time I told myself I must write a review. Well I got busy and didn't write the review.

NOW THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE -
This morning I check my credit card statement online and there's a charge from the Staybridge that posted April 24, 2012. It is for a one night stay and it was "manually keyed" which meant somebody actually had to purposefully submit this charge. So I called the Staybridge and spoke with the manager named Jan. She told me they thought I was in a different room or some cock and bull story. She said that they would "look into it" and reverse the charges but that she had meeting so she would give me a call on Monday. It was 8:30 am EST. on FRIDAY when I spoke with her. I ended up calling my credit card company and letting them handle it.

Stay away from this hotel. They are not dealing with a full deck. The place looks lovely but the staff is not up to par. Our company had the choice between Staybridge and Townplace Suites. TownPlace was rated higher but I went with Staybridge because it was closer to the theatre and restaurants. Bad move on my part.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Felton O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear Felton O,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere
apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Hiawassee
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I am so impressed with the staff. I am made to feel at home everyday. shout out to Jenn (front desk receptionist) she is friendly, fun ,and fabulous. The managers Jan and Patrick take care of every concern and need that may arise with in a professional, pleasant, helpful attitude. I can not brag enough on the Kitchen staff Sharon and Vicky. The dining area was spotless and the food was always warm and tasty. These ladies even grill for the guest one night a week.The fresh baked cookies served daily is also a nice homey touch as well. Last but not least the housekeeping staff made sure we had everything one could need for our suite on a daily bases. After a two month business stay away from family this staff certainly made me feel apart of the staybridge family..

Room Tip: pet friendly. I liked being on the first floor near an exit door.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business