“Stylish, good service, large portions.”
Review of Zazios

Zazios
Reserve with OpenTable
Zazios is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 345 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rose Street
Description: Inspired by the richness and diversity of flavors from around the world, we infuse our love for our little corner of the globe with rich, worldly flavors to create tempting local interpretations of global fare. A beautiful redesigned dining room rich in vibrant hues and interesting textures accentuates our fresh approach to food and creates an energetic and entertaining setting.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Although the menu overall looked very promising, I ended up skipping right to the veal entree, which is labeled "veal parmigiana" but if you read the description is actually served with marsala sauce. The cutlet was huge (was glad I didn't get salad or appetizer after I saw how large the portion of meat was), and good quality veal, mild and tender. Didn't care for the parmesan mashed potatoes that came with- I don't know what went wrong, but they were kind of gummy. I'm not a huge dessert fan, but Zazio's had a sweets menu that was different enough to keep me interested. The butternut squash crema was very good, and the coconut panna cotta was highly recommended. When I asked what gelato flavors were available, I was expecting our server to list four or five, but she went through about 20, so ask for a written list you can browse unless your memory is amazing. Service was attentive and the atmosphere is appropriate for date-night, business, or special occasion. The chef's table presentation also looked interesting. Overall, a good experience.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good. Some standard seafood like calamari and fried shrimp. But some excellent unique offerings as well. I liked the fact the restaurant had different portion sizes. Great margarita!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been to Zazio's before and had good meals. But this time we decided to do the Chef's table. Wow, what an amazing experience! This month Chef John was preparing some of his favorite dishes from Italy. Lots and lots of olive oil. All five courses were so yummy-scallops, parmesan souffles,raviolos, steak and triple chocolate. The heavenly tastes.can't even be described. We found Chef John very entertaining. Plus he is so knowledgeable and enjoys sharing that knowledge. As usual the service was excellent. Kylee was an amazing assistant /waitress. We can't wait to go back

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Even though there's a really good steakhouse in this location just a floor up, the steak at Zazio's is one of the best I've ever had. I would definitely order it again and again and again...

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place has a great atmosphere, menu and staff. We had a server named Jonica who really made us feel taken care. You can tell the goal of Zazio's is to give you a great dining experience.