“Diamond in the rough”

Ranked #4 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Great food. The home fries have been burnt in the past, but overall, this is an awesome breakfast spot (dinner is go too). The coffee and homemade bread/bakery goods are a huge plus. Definitely one of my favorite breakfast places in kzoo.

There are newer reviews for Crow's Nest

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Fun, reasonably priced restaurant that caters to the students at Kalamazoo College. Nothing fancy, but a pretty large menu of sandwiches and breakfast that is available anytime. All of the portions are huge, so next time I go, I will know to share. I tried the BLT and added the fried egg and red onion to go on top. The sandwich is on good sour dough (I think) toast, and has a garlic aoli that was really tasty. I chose the tomato soup as a side---again, very good, lots of body--definitely not Campbell's (and I like Campbell's tomato soup)--certainly tasted home made. the place was busy when we arrived (early afternoon), and we had to wait a bit for a table---I suspect you could wait a while if you go in "prime time". Nice to find a place that is not a chain, has good food, is reasonably priced, and appears to be doing very well for itself.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

They have a great breakfast menu with organic, many vegan, and just interesting dishes available but the restaurant is tiny! You end up waiting awhile on weekends and there isn't really a waiting space so you're on the stairs, which just feels like I might fall over. I just prefer going on weekdays or late night since they are open until like 4..? or so and then you don't have to get antsy.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Everyone told us that Crow's Nest is the "place to go" for breakfast. With lines out the door, you would think it's worth the wait. Well, it isn't. We got there early and 4-5 tables were still open. Our server was the best part of the experience--she was prompt and we never had to flag her down for coffee refills. Food? Bleh! My toast was burnt, hash browns tasted sour (had a soapy smell), bacon was undercooked, and eggs were OK--but had hair in them. To get to the bathroom, you have to walk through the kitchen, inches from ready food plates. Not very sanitary. For breakfast, you'd be better off going down the street to Cosmo's Cucina.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Trendy, niche corner in small town. Just exceptional food. Try Banana Bread and Queen's dish. Lovely experience. Prepare for a long line and standing in stairs over the weekend.