“Absolutely the Worst Service in Kalamazoo”

LaRue's Family Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 359 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've been here twice as I rarely make a decision on the place with one visit. Unfortunately, I received the same service the second time. From the time we sat down, me, with two boys, it was 15 mins to get our drink order. Then 30 mins later we placed our breakfast order. 30 mins later we got our food. Surprisingly the food was cold. But after waiting for as long as we did, I wasn't going to send it back.

There won't be a third time. The other breakfast restaurant, a mile away, seems to handle the concept of serving people.

2  Thank spmy12

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Friendly, efficient staff and generous portions of breakfast favorites. Always a pleasant experience. Great value.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The food is comfort food done well in a situation that makes you feel comfortable. We eat breakfast there often. There is an omelette with crab. My wife is in Pescatarian heaven for breakfast.

1  Thank keith e
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Home cooking & a very friendly atmosphere! Families will feel comfortable together.

1  Thank Luv2CUSA
Reviewed February 28, 2012

LaRue's have the best omelets in the area. I especially like the veggie omelet. In place of potatoes I always order fresh fruit and it is very fresh. Service is friendly and professional and the owner greets you when you arrive. It gets pretty busy on Saturday mornings, but all those people must feel as we do. A great place to eat.

2  Thank kazooloo