“Excellent restaurant using local ingredients.”
Review of Food Dance Cafe

Food Dance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 340 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: For 20 years, Food Dance has been committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Excellent restaurant using local ingredients.”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We LOVE this one of a kind restaurant. Not only are the dishes delicious, it uses organic and local food products whenever possible and is locally owned and operated.

• Visited February 2014

Marshall, MIchigan
“Great food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We love Food Dance Cafe. It consistently has great food, and the service is good to great. It is a wonderful spot for friends, family and couples. My husband and I went there for our anniversary on a number of occasions.

• Visited April 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one of our favorite spots in Kalamazoo. The food is fresh, much of it farm to table, there is a nice variety and it is beautifully and uniquely decorated. They have a nice variety of food, everything is freshly made. Service is consistently very good. If you are in Kalamazoo, don't miss it!

• Visited January 2014
Michigan,United States
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I hadn't been to the Food Dance for a couple of years because I was never very impressed with the food. It was good but didn't make me want to hurry back. Last month, I was in the area with a friend and we had dinner there. What a pleasant surprise! Our dinner was exceptional. My salmon was perfectly cooked. Even the cocktails were by good and generously poured. Our server was attentive without hovering. I will definitely go back soon. Just a note - the prices are high.

• Visited January 2014
“Interesting menu”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a restaurant that is reported to be a favorite among folks in the city. I like the fact that they do use locally grown produce. But the interesting sounding food I have found to be mediocre in taste. I have found hot sandwiches to be served with bread this is so dry that it is unpleasant to eat. In addition everything is very expensive. The atmosphere is pleasant, but I'm not a frequent repeat customer. I go only when others chose this location.

• Visited June 2013