“Consistently excellent food and service”
Review of Food Dance Cafe

Food Dance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: For 20 years, Food Dance has been committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Food Dance is more expensive than many restaurants in Kalamazoo, but it has never disappointed me. Granted, I rarely go there for a meal other than breakfast these days.

The staff is great. The food is always pleasantly surprising even though I come in with high expectations. Even the coffee is good.

There are newer reviews for Food Dance Cafe

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a really nice downtown respite. It adds style to Kalamazoo, the atmosphere has a unique city flavor in a small town. The food, especially breakfast on a weekend is fresh and healthy. I appreciate the fact that they serve soy milk for those that are lactose intolerant.
Staff is friendly, accommodating and professional, you can tell that they take their positions seriously, as they do in bettter cosmopolitan restaurants. Good management always shows.

You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My colleagues and I had dinner tonight and we all enjoyed our dinner. Nice beer and wine list and the adjoining shop was great for wine or food take away. I enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I had ate breakfast at Food dance a few years back. But it's just one of those places we never think to eat dinner at. We finally booked our 7:15pm reservations through Open Table and showed up 2 hours later. We were able to request a booth and the atmosphere was great. It wasn't too loud and was very enjoyable. Food Dance uses a wide variety of local food sources so that's pretty neat. Some of the seafood options are flown in from Alaska and I have several friends who rave about it. We had the duck and the supreme mac and cheese. (supreme may not be the correct word, but it has bacon and other toppings on it as well - very good.) We enjoyed nice salads with our meals and would highly recommend Food Dance because everything was great. The hosts were very friendly and the server was very responsive.

A solid choice if you're going to be downtown!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have now eaten here twice. Once for dinner and once with my family for lunch. The first time was with a friend on a recommendation and we were not disappointed. We had a peas and carrots appetizer that sounded pretty simple and turned out to be something much more elegant, an amazing pea mash with small perfectly cooked carrots and mascarpone cheese they make in house. My salmon was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our waitress was able to answer all our food questions and was very sweet. I had such a good time I made my family drive two hours each way the next Saturday to enjoy this restaurant. We loved the ginger mint lemonade and ultimate mac and cheese is not to be missed. Even something small like the french fries that came with my young son's meal were fresh and as he said "heavenly" with the house made ketchup. All fresh made mostly in house wonderfully thought out food. Totally worth the four hour round trip!