“So good we drove four hours to go back the next weekend”
Review of Food Dance

Food Dance
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 364 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: Food Dance is committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have now eaten here twice. Once for dinner and once with my family for lunch. The first time was with a friend on a recommendation and we were not disappointed. We had a peas and carrots appetizer that sounded pretty simple and turned out to be something much more elegant, an amazing pea mash with small perfectly cooked carrots and mascarpone cheese they make in house. My salmon was perfectly cooked and delicious. Our waitress was able to answer all our food questions and was very sweet. I had such a good time I made my family drive two hours each way the next Saturday to enjoy this restaurant. We loved the ginger mint lemonade and ultimate mac and cheese is not to be missed. Even something small like the french fries that came with my young son's meal were fresh and as he said "heavenly" with the house made ketchup. All fresh made mostly in house wonderfully thought out food. Totally worth the four hour round trip!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This place buys local. The food is incredibly tasty. Nice layout. Downtown Kalamazoo location. Small parking lot. Medium priced.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Like the famous eats in A2, this place is committed to using Good Food, expertly sourced. It shows, as the food has wonderful taste and flavor. As well, the beer and wine list is amazing. Finally, it just has a cool vibe. I loved the "corn stalk" pillars...could have been cheesy, but was funky fun. My companion had Canned Summer, which was last summer's corn served in a gratin dish, along with bbq chicken and German potato salad. It was perfect on a freezing cold day. My ultimate mac and cheese had delicious thick pieces of bacon and spinach. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Food Dance is a place you'd expect to find in a city with a more sophisticated, educated palate - think NYC, Chicago, San Francisco - tons of fresh, local, high quality ingredients prepared by and served by staff who know a lot about their product. Suffice it to say this is the ONLY place we have found anywhere in/near Kalamazoo that serves freshly-squeezed OJ, 100% pure maple syrup (not maple-flavored corn syrup), and crafts their own ketchup! Comfortable seats, good space, reasonable service speed, and great food. It's a bit pricier than other spots, but well worth the extra couple of bucks (it's not overpriced; just priced right for the quality). We moved here from Chicago in 2000 and have been generally disappointed with the level of food quality in the local restaurant scene. It seems most people are either unaware, or simply don't care (or are too cheap) to demand really good quality food - just look at how many restaurants in the area serve truly pedestrian fare. Thankfully, Food Dance does understand that great food will draw customers and they don't have to play the "cheapest coffee in town" card. Keep doing what you do, Food Dance foodies - we appreciate it very much!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I dine here every time that I'm in Kalamazoo and have always had a perfect experience. Tonight my husband and I were in a soup and salad kind of mood. Tomato soup, Gumbo, Cobb salad, and Food Dance Square salad were all a 10. We ordered the entree sized salad and were amazed at how huge they were! the freshness just jumped off the plate. we both took at least half home. The complimentary bread is baked onsite and, again, generous thick sliced crusty full basket. Great martini. (my drinks are always good). To top it off, our to go containers were nicely sealed cardboard, not the leaky, flimsy styrofoam landfill kind! Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank Christine S