“Nice surprise in downtown Kalamazoo!!”
Review of Food Dance Cafe

Food Dance Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Dance Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 342 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pitcher St.
Description: For 20 years, Food Dance has been committed to building a thriving and sustainable local food system. We support artisans who practice craft food processes that have been around for generations-growing, raising, preserving, curing, aging, pickling, butchering and more. For Food Dance, it's about the connection with the people and places their food comes from-authentic people and authentic food that's true to its source. Serving breakfast, lunch or dinner-guests are served the freshest menu items in a casual and welcoming atmosphere. We offer private dining space for celebrations or larger groups as well as catering and delivery. We host cooking classes and special dinners throughout the year - aimed to introduce guests to new elements of the culinary and agricultural worlds. Our on-site market offers amazing ingredients sourced from their family of purveyors-from sustainable, humanely raised meats, sausages and artisan cheeses to fresh baked bread, pastries and savory baked goods.
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Four of us (lady friends) for lunch on Sat at noon. We all had different dishes. I must say that the quiche I had was outstanding!!
The chicken soup was overwhelmed by the spices. The Mac & cheese & black beans were great!! Fun & funky for these out of towners!!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been to Food Dance on multiple occasions - no matter where you are in the city this place is worth the drive. Well prepared foods with local ingredients. Quirky decor with charming waitstaff. Solid wine list. Prices are spot on for the quality of food though certainly higher than other places in town. We can usually get out for around $50/person or so, including a bottle of wine. Because this is a well known restaurant with excellent food, there are times during the year (prom season, for example) when you need to book ahead. If you are in Kalamazoo, you must eat here. It's that simple.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This restaurant really impressed me and the group I was with. We were here on business, and had a group of almost 20 people. Service was a little slow, but it was worth it. The food is all sourced locally, and the quality was evident. Prices are a little higher, but the quality makes up for it. I had the salmon and it was amazing. The homemade chicken noodle soup was good, with a unique flavor. I wish I travelled more to Kalamazoo as I would return here without question!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is delicous. The atmosphere is pleasing. Just be sure to get a reservation. They take walk-ins, but you will have a long wait.

To make the wait less difficult, they provide samples from the attached small store that contains fresh cheeses, breads, etc. that they sell. You can ask for samples in the bakery area.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We greatly enjoyed our first trip to Food Dance. We left our kids at home, but discovered a lively, friendly atmosphere and a menu our kids would have enjoyed. I had thick, sweet and delicious French toast (we were told that's something people go there for), while my husband had a Mexican eggs and tortillas which e also enjoyed.
Not the cheapest joint in town, but great food and a fun, industrial environment with a cute shop to browse while you wait for your table!