“Had a good breakfast and good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bob Evans - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bob Evans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin
“Had a good breakfast and good service.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We were there Sunday morning around 10. Food was good and our server was very courtious and had a good sense of humor. We were seated right away. The place was clean and an overall good experiance.

• Visited July 2013

Darien, Illinois
“Great food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love biscuits and gravy. Always order it, whenever we find bob Evans . Do not have one close to our home

Visited July 2013
“Not terrible not great”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I have had better food for less-however my food was good

I have had better wait staff-however had worse

We were going to go to Sophia's next door but they had a 40 minute wait. Bob Evans had open tables. That should have told is which one was better but we didn't want to wait.

• Visited June 2013
“Good food... If you're patient”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times to eat sitting down, it wasn't too bad. But this last time was an absolute travesty...

We called ahead for two carry out family meals for Mother's Day. When we got there (20 mins after we ordered and were told 15-20 mins), there was no one in the dining room. For the next twenty minutes, we watched two servers struggle to bag our food. All the food was there, ready to go. However, these guys moved like they were diffusing a bomb. It was painful.

Needless to say, by the time we drove the ten minutes back to the house, all the food was cold.

Overall, dine in is fine. Carryout is a disaster. But it's Bob Evans- we don't go there for expedient customer service

• Visited May 2013
Ames, Iowa, United States
“Needs attention”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Now I need to start by saying I like Bob Evens as a general rules, and the food was good. It was an overall issue with the running of the facility.
This place is within 100 yards of two other places of similar food style. Sophia's pancake house being in the same parking lot. Sophia's had a 35 min wait for a table at breakfast and walking distance away I walked in and 1/2 the tables were empty (first clue). I waited 5 minutes for someone to even ask if I needed to be seated (second clue). The staff was to busy talking to the manager about what they did Friday night to notice I was waiting and so were two people behind me (although it did sound like Friday was a fun night).
When I got my table it took 10 minutes to get a cup of coffee and another 10 to get my order in. Remember the place is half full but fully staffed
17 minutes for me to get my food ( 1 table left before getting food talking about going to ihop ). I heard one couple tell the waitress to tell the cook she was not getting a tip because of the slow cooking.

The food was good when it arrived, but when I was done I had to chase them down for my check ( I waited 15 min with empty plates before I asked for help)

I want to point out 3 things
- the food was good... No issues there

- several Seniors I was talking to said " this is the norm..you just have to be patient here"

- I think it can be turned around

The owners are leaving ton of cash on the table because of bad training.....hope it improves. But if not hope you have time to spare