“Sunday morning treat”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Bob Evans
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portage, Michigan
“Sunday morning treat”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Always fresh tasty food and coffee, always good service. Smells great. Has selections ok for diabetics. Sometimes too crowded.

Visited September 2012

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Fantastic Chicken Salad”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to Bob Evan's on our way home from vacation. I saw they had a Chicken Salad, and thought I would try it. It was amazing. The fruit that came with it was fresh and there was a lot of it. The price was very affordable also. I really recommend this item and place to eat.

Visited April 2012
Portage, Michigan
“Breakfast Only”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Eggs, Pancakes and oatmeal are hard to mess up. Kids had to go to Bob Evans today for dinner, so I ordered a "farm fresh" burger... absolutely the worst hamburger ever. It looked like a frozen veggie burger, but tasted worse.

• Visited August 2012
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Okay but not great”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Went to Bob Evan's and had their $9.95 steak special. The garden salad was fresh but they could have peeled the cucumbers. I would have expected unpeeled cukes at a fly by night mom and pop restaurant not at a national chain. The steak was good even though a little over cooked. The mashed potatoes were instant and under cooked. I chose a cookie for desert and what can you say about a cookie except that it looked and tasted like that it was a packaged product and not cooked on site. The restaurant was clean and the staff very friendly. This place is okay to eat but I wouldn't make it an everyday choice.

• Visited July 2012
Kalamazoo, MI
“Crappy old people food”
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Really? In a town like Kalamazoo with dozens of the best restaurants in Michigan, you're going to eat at Bob Evan's?Unfortunately, my youngest loves their pancakes and will eat them for every meal if we let him. The last time we went I had their pot roast sandwich and it was just garbage. So much fat, over-cooked meat, soggy bread. Yuck. I don't remember what I ordered the last time I was cajoled into going, but it was equally bland and gross. Do you lose your taste buds when you age? I hope that doesn't happen to me.

Skip Bob Evan's in whatever town you're visiting, but in Kalamazoo there is no excuse - unless if you have a kid who likes pancakes.

1 Thank tabannon