“Overpriced”

Dining options: Reservations
Kalamazoo, Mi
“Overpriced”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

OK - but not great. Menu can be limited for a group with varied tastes.

• Visited December 2010

Napa, California
“Great location, great food and experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This restaurant is located downtown and has recently renovated including the outdoor experience with sliding doors. In the winter the street is lit up with Holiday colors.
The food is excellent, the wine list is good with many choices in prices and types, however occasionally the service can be a bit slow. We usually don't mind because we are there for the experience.
They serve wine in small pours of 3oz or 6 oz so it's a fun place to come with friends and sample numerous wines.

Indy
“A Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We were in K-Zoo over the weekend to visit with our daughter. She had made reservations at the Epic and without doubt, it was a wonderful experience. Walking to the restaurant, the trees lining the mall were lit with tiny light blue lights and these magical drop lights - beautiful. We were greeted with our table waiting and tucked into a warm cozy location near the open kitchen. Ana was our waitress - she knew the menu - suggested a white wine to go with the amazing entree of scallops - and tucked all of the left overs into "to-go" containers and a carry sack to take with. She was excellent. The menu is varied with something for everyone and every price-point. We will be back to try other items of interest and to taste the hot crispy appetizers of french fries with three dips - very yummy!

MI
“Two Thumbs up !!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I often travel do to work and dine on a regular basis in fine dining restaurants. The company I work for recently had a second dinner party in Kalamazoo at the Epic Bistro, and hands down it has been one of my best experiences. The atmosphere is what I like to call “casually upscale” . Prices are slightly higher than most “good” chain restaurants and the food is far above par in comparison. Each dish I have enjoyed especially the steak and scallops has been exceptional. In addition the wine list has several gems and the staff is able to guide you towards what would best suit your meal. The past visit was my third time visiting the Epic Bistro and every time I have walked out telling myself “I will definitely come back”. The highlight to each of my visits has been the service that I have received. The staff there is extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. Brandon at the epic bistro has taken care of me 2 out of my past 3 visits and his attention to detail and ability to plan a meal for you was what you would expect in any 5 star restaurant. He was very knowledgeable, engaging and extremely accommodating. In conclusion I give two thumbs up.

SW Michigan
“Dried up food”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We went here for a special occasion, after a movie. We must have gotten the food under the heater all night. The special, pork loin, was practically dried up jerky. Yuck.

3 Thank mandthefb