“A good dining experience!”
Review of Oakwood Bistro

Oakwood Bistro
Ranked #51 of 341 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
kalamazoo
“A good dining experience!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

stopped in for the first time in over 3 years. We enjoyed it,,,good service and liked our food. The place has a noisy atmosphere due to its smallness and hustle/bustle, so dont go thier if your looking for a quiet intimate dining experience. Other then that,,its great as usual!!

turgtusteynam
“Fantastic Food. Snarky Service.”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I find the menu and the food preparation at this place to be outstanding. The trouble is, there seems to be some "entitlement" on the part of the waitress. We (2) went in while they were slow. They wanted to seat us at a booth. I asked if we could sit at a table instead (booths hurt my back). Waitress flippantly said "fine...sit anywhere you want" and the tone was not good. When she took our order...she proceeded to the table behind us and visited for over 15 minutes w/out turning in our order! The restaurant is small enough that we knew this was pleasure...not business.
The food, as usual was fabulous. And the waitress got real nice towards "tip" time. But it was my wife she miffed and my wife who made out the check. She still got 15% because we plan on going back....but not 20%!
If we are shown this attitude again we'll be having a direct conversation with management.

1 Thank keith e
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best In Kalamazoo”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A great all around restaurant. Wait staff each individually awesome at their job. The food is consistently amazing. The atmosphere is perfect. I highly recommend Oakwood Bistro!

Michigan
“Third time is a charm”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

I went to the Oakwood Bistro again and brought a friend who had not been there for years. We both had the beet salad and I also had a pizza. I had never had a pizza before there and I was not disappointed! It was delicious. Service is always excellent. My friend also enjoyed her salad and said she would bring her family back.

• Visited January 2014
North Houston, Texas
“Great neighborhood restaturant”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I love the Oakwood Bistro. While there may be other restaurants in Kalamazoo that offer better food, there are few that offer the value and comfort of Oakwood. It exemplifies what a great neighborhood restaurant should be: excellent food, a comfortable setting, and an outstanding beer and wine selection - 10 craft beers always on tap and I've never been disappointed in their wines (except when they run out...). Today I had the French onion soup with the Greek salad and my wife had their sandwich special, fried cod on a demi roll that she said was the one to have if you were going to have a fish sandwich. The food is uniformly excellent, and they always feature a pizza and risotto special. Highly recommended if you're in the neighborhood.

• Visited December 2013