“Great interesting food selections”
Review of Oakwood Bistro

Oakwood Bistro
Ranked #45 of 359 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Three of us had dinner, ordering 3 different items, plus appetizer and dessert. All of it was excellent. I really enjoyed the calamari appetizer. Good service. Would definitely go back. It was a bit pricey, but the food was very good.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Had the Cobia special. Brussels sprouts with chick peas base with a special sauce. Amazing! Great server and manager!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I ended up here again due to some circumstances but was not disappointed. If you have not visited Oakwood Bistro, you should. The specials are unique and the food is delicious. Service again was top notch with a different waitress. It is tucked away in the strip mall by Sawall's and it just might be Kalamazoo's hidden treasure.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I had never been here before. My mom invited me saying that she had been once. We have a hard time finding places to eat because I am a vegetarian. One look at the menu and I knew I had options. Their specials had a vegetarian option as well. I ordered the special which was a vegetable sandwich with asparagus. It came with fries. It was so good! We also got the vegetable terrine appetizer which was a tasty start. Our server was top notch making sure our water was full at all times and asking if we had everything we needed.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visited today for the first time in at least 10 years. We had a group of 8, and our server did a great job of serving the food quickly and making sure that we had drink refills. We ordered the Fish and Chips, which had a Bell's beer batter, served with pub fries and slaw, and the Asparagus Cheese Melt with root chips (potato and sweet potato.) Both meals were delicious and well-prepared. I would definitely order the chips again--they were great.