“Over priced, under seasoned”
Review of Oakwood Bistro

Oakwood Bistro
Ranked #74 of 349 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Sweet potato fries - overcooked, tough skin, lacked seasoning
Pumpkin squash lasagne- underwhelming, lacking flavor, served lukewarm
Risotto- good flavor, served hot
Service- prompt, efficient and friendly

1  Thank Foodstudy

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Server was poor. Our son like the gf grilled cheese. They get their bread from next door at the Harvest Bread Co. We had the Cassoulet and both of us were not impressed. Too many beans, which overpowered the dish. It is a nice room with some nice options. Kalamazoo and this restaurant really do a nice job of local sourced food options.

1  Thank MichiganTrevor
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Do not be fooled by the location. It is really a storefront in a strip mall. What a surprise! The staff is very friendly even when the place was hopping. The bartender even stuffed some bleu cheese in a couple of olives for me and my martini. The pizza I had was excellent and the food that I saw being served looked awesome. I travel to Kalamazoo on business and make it a point to have dinner here at least once every trip

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Oakwood Bistro is a great neighborhood restaurant. You have the feeling that it has a local draw and the staff has been there for awhile. The service is very good. The menu is always varied and interesting. I've been there numerous times and never had a bad meal. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband has celiac and dairy allergies, so we informed the waitress, Clare, and she was amazing about everything! The most informed waitress we've experienced at any restaurant we've dined at. She had so many helpful tips and was very thorough with each question my husband had. She was very friendly and even told us about different cheeses that do not contain dairy. She was amazing. My husband loved his food, and it didn't not make him sick! He ordered the pork loin and they substituted the cheesy mashed potatoes with sweet potato fries (which I will say are the best I've had!!). I ordered the rustic cassoulet which was pretty delicious, but I bit into a medium sized piece of bone from the duck and being pregnant, it made me gag and I couldn't stomach the dish anymore. I hadn't ate much of it, Clare suggested I pick something else off the menu as a replacement (I chose the butternut and pumpkin lasagne, which by the way, is SO DELICIOUS!). What amazing service, it was above and beyond!! If you want great service, nice atmosphere and wonderful food - pick Oakwood Bistro!