“Favorite Kalamazoo restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Oakwood Bistro is a great neighborhood restaurant. You have the feeling that it has a local draw and the staff has been there for awhile. The service is very good. The menu is always varied and interesting. I've been there numerous times and never had a bad meal. Would highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Oakwood Bistro

Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband has celiac and dairy allergies, so we informed the waitress, Clare, and she was amazing about everything! The most informed waitress we've experienced at any restaurant we've dined at. She had so many helpful tips and was very thorough with each question my husband had. She was very friendly and even told us about different cheeses that do not contain dairy. She was amazing. My husband loved his food, and it didn't not make him sick! He ordered the pork loin and they substituted the cheesy mashed potatoes with sweet potato fries (which I will say are the best I've had!!). I ordered the rustic cassoulet which was pretty delicious, but I bit into a medium sized piece of bone from the duck and being pregnant, it made me gag and I couldn't stomach the dish anymore. I hadn't ate much of it, Clare suggested I pick something else off the menu as a replacement (I chose the butternut and pumpkin lasagne, which by the way, is SO DELICIOUS!). What amazing service, it was above and beyond!! If you want great service, nice atmosphere and wonderful food - pick Oakwood Bistro!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very flavorful menu with an emphasis on foods in season. We had a wedding rehearsal dinner here & everyone really enjoyed it. Friendly staff can advise you about menu choices.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Busy restaurant with lots of great food and drink choices. Friendly and warm atmosphere with excellent service

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This place is a joke! Is Kalamazoo that ignorant that they think this is a "cool" place? It is horrendous! Poor service, overpriced crap. The "caesar" salad was four large, heated leaves, not tossed romaine. The Margharita pizza had chicken on it.. c'mon idiots! Margharita is vegetarian!!! Seats in the back are subject to loud door slamming by employees and seeing every patron's trip to the bathroom.

1  Thank Nancy M