“Just Ok.”
Review of Texas Corral

Texas Corral
Ranked #105 of 340 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Steak, burgers, soups, sandwiches, fresh rolls -- you name it, we've got it. Enjoy a meal at your favorite southern-styled steakhouse today! Visit our website for hours, locations, menus, and special offers!
South Haven, MI.
“Just Ok.”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Went there for a friends bday on 4-5-2014. I had a 1lb rib and 1/4 chicken combo. The food was decent. The soup of the day I didn't care for, (try the chill soup with japleno peppers). My friend had the prime rib, had quite a bit of fat on it, and "plenty" of juice. The long islands for $3.50 was my highlight, lol. Would I repeat,(if somebody else paid). Not terrible, but not enough bang for the buck. I only saw a couple flat screens, so don't plan on watching any games. FYI...service was sloooowwww as helll. I felt like I was on Hell's kitchen as far as service goes.

• Visited April 2014

Portage MI
“really good food, excellent service, and a bonus”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I had dinner here, and I was very positively impressed with the menu, the food, and the service. I had chicken parmigiana and it was excellent and huge; there was a lot left to take home. The salad was large, fresh, crisp and cold. Rolls came with the salad, and there was garlic bread with the chicken parmigiana. The beer on special was cold and cheap. The waiter did an very nice job; he was there when I needed him and just often enough. The best part, and biggest surprise, is that this restaurant gives a 50% discount on any veteran's meal.

• Visited September 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Skip it”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The decor is the same as Logans and Texas Roadhouse, peanuts on the floor, bread with cinnamon butter when you arrive and that is where it ends. Although the salad was very good, as was the bread and love the drinks served in mason jars, the main course was very unpleasant. I had the salmon, which was overcooked, dry and appeared old, with what was suppose to be a bourbon sauce. The sauce was more tomato and onion not a bourbon. Salmon should be flaky, it was hard, tough. My husband had the prime rib, since this is suppose to be a steak place, the meat should be good, it was not, it was chewey. The flavor was not bad, but no tenderness to the meat and his sweet potato was very overcooked. There were not many people in there, almost empty and now we know why. The server was nice and the place clean but that is all outside of good bread and salad, not enough reason to even give a second chance.

• Visited July 2013
Bayonet Point, Florida
“Love the ALL you can eat ribs”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Have been to Texas Corral many many times. I have had very good sirloin steak. I have had the all you can eat ribs and love them and the sauce. My wife and I have been there many times for lunch. I love the all you can eat soup and salad for $4.99. We love the Wednesday dollar bottles of domestic beer. Monday they have a great price on draft beer. We will continue to eat lunch and dinner there.

• Visited July 2013