“New owners maybe?”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Kalamazoo
“New owners maybe?”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our past experiences with this restaurant have been really great but the most recent has us wondering if there are new, less attentive owners.

We ordered the Muan Goong appetizer and sent it back because the chicken inside was uncooked...raw.

We had Pad Thai and Curry Pad Thai for main dishes. Both were really great.

What really surprised us, unpleasantly so, were the servers. The first thing we noticed was the servers had a break table set up in the dining room. It was littered with unfinished food, a Domino's breadstick box, a half wrapped chocolate bar, an iPad and their cell phones among other stuff and trash. To us it didn't look professional. Back to the cell phones. The two servers were incessantly picking up their phones and checking/sending messages...virtually every other time they passed the table. When the server brought our water glasses he handled them by the rim of the glass. Normally I wouldn't even touch the water after that but it came with a straw. One server kept running his fingers through his hair and then handling dishes of food going to customers. There were other "violations" of safe food handling but you get the picture.

When we left we asked ourselves "Are there new owners here who just don't give a darn about proper food safety and handling?"

We like Thai Flavor on the other side of town and we noticed there's a new Thai restaurant in Portage. We'll probably be frequenting those more often.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Kalamadrew

“Excellent experience”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We had the curry pad thai and the ginger stir fry. They were both outstanding! The price is very reasonable, and the service friendly. If you like thai, you'll love this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Dingergeni
Decatur, Michigan
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant after a poor experience at a chain right down the street. We were able to order right away. Our food only took a few minutes to receive. I had the sesame chicken. It is not what many restaurants serve for this dish. I prefer the way that Thai Cuisine makes their sesame chicken-not thick gobs of breading on the chicken. I ordered my dish a medium and it was just spicy enough. The portions were so big that I took home about half of my meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank thatgirl0101
Marshall, Michigan
“First experience with Thai food - Loved it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

So happy our relatives suggested this restaurant. The four of us enjoyed a very good meal. It's small but nicely decorated. Seemed to be very clean and the service was perfect. Nice music softly in the background.

My starter soup was very good. It was rich, spicy and very tasty. I then ordered the Kew Wan with chicken. This was excellent. The combination of the green peppers, bamboo, peas, carrots and eggplant with the coconut milk sauce and rice was perfect. I'm glad I ordered it with medium spice. It was just right. The portion was large and I ask for a take home box.

I will go back again as I want to try more dishes. I think next time I'll have the Banana Leaf Sea Bass.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bh1718
Cape Coral , FL
“Terrible food, awful service”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Extremely disappointing. I was raised on thai food. This is not authentic at all! Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited July 2013