“Best ever!”

Sweetwater's Donut Mill
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Kalamazoo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Sweetwater's Donut Mill is a family owned bakery located in southwest Michigan. The Garner Family has owned each of the 3 donut shops since the very beginning when they opened their doors in 1983. Each donut is handmade with the same quality ingredients that were used in the beginning, and the restaurants are proud of the fact that they have become a tradition for many families over the past 30 years.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was in Kalamazoo for a college visit and had to stop in here. Best donuts we've ever had. Many to choose from and all were very, very fresh.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Located in an unimpressive area just to the Southwest of the university, you would never suspect what is found inside. This place is rated as one of the top ten attractions in all of Kalamazoo, so I had to check it out.

You get a good idea about what you are in for when you walk in and see the place, and then take note of the clientele. I ordered the plain donut to see what these people are made of, and then tried the sugar-cinamon donut. Good, honest, old-fashioned donuts as I remember them at the cider mill. A good crunch on the outside, and soft doughy on the inside. Which by the way, in Fall they do have fresh cider. If you are counting calories, you don't need to come here.

My daughter went for the Boston cream pie donut. We both thought it was great.......really a special treat. My wife got the recommended chocolate donut with frosting and chocolate chips. It was OK, but a little over the top.......too sweet for even a sweeth-tooth like me.

To be honest, the best experience was people-watching. The old-timers who have their customary places at the counter, and the small children eating their donuts with pink frosting that inevitably gets all over their faces. Priceless.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

okay when a friend said "you've never been to sweetwaters?!!!" I said I really wasn't into donuts that much. I was told that I wasn't leaving Kazoo until I had a chance to try one of these heavenly monsters! OH, MY DIET!!!!! But hey they have muffins too (really big muffins and they so were so fantastic) You guys should share your idea with the nation. Yummy donuts and are so reasonable Take that Duncan!

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This place has some crazy concoctions for donuts. Oreo, snickers, reese cup just to name a few. When you first walk in its hard to decide what you want. They have a carmel apple donut that has got to be one of my top 5 donuts. Price is excellent. Most expensive one is $1.79 I believe. Must try!

1  Thank Dustin M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has great coffee . When I was single I'd go there in the middle of the night and get a coffee and a Boston cream doughnut and read the paper . Real laid back atmosphere . Now I take the family there almost every Sunday after church .