“Excellent ambiance”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great food and atmosphere
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had the Chicken Biryani and a delicious red wine. The atmosphere at Zooroona is fun and funky with lighted trees and even an option for floor seating in a more private setting.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We went in for a quick dinner before heading to a party at a friends place... We were immediately seated which was good. We ordered and the waitress didn't write down our order. Red flag number one! We got our lentil soup and bread.... It was solid. Not amazing but solid. Then we waited and we waited and we waited.... It was so obvious ow long it was because the waitress and the hostess (perhaps owner) kept apologizing and saying the kitchen was backed up and our food would just be a couple more minutes. They said that for 30 min. We waited about an hour for our food. and we never got our appetizer that the waitress forgot to put in. tip for her and other waitresses... If you don't have a great memory, WRITE THE ORDER DOWN!! I couldn't be a waitress... But if you are, this seems basic. The food was ok. My husband got a lamb shank... He said it lacked the spices he was expecting and I got a chicken that was too dry. The waitress offered to comp us dessert but we were in a hurry, late and I was ready to go. I did like the decor... And nice to have this kind of cuisine in Kzoo but this restaurant needs dramatic improvements to their service.... Wait staff, kitchen efficiency, etc. frankly, when I didn't want the dessert, they could have at least comped me the beer I ordered to drink with my meal but was gone by the time the food arrived.

1  Thank Noel G
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice family owned and operated restaurant. Excellent food. Affordable menu. Delicious. Cool ambiance through decor. You can even eat reclined around a table, a la Middle Eastern tradition if you so choose - pretty cool option. Great place to try for something different!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have eaten many times at Zooroona and have never been disappointed. The prices are moderate and the food is delicious. I especially like their shrimp, salmon and whitefish. They also have a good wine selection.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant has the most delicious, fresh and healthy food in the area. The atmosphere is serene and calming. The serve is very good and welcoming. Special diet needs are well received and they are very accommodating. If you are a lover of middle eastern cooking, this is the place to go!. Lot's of variety..