“No wonder that ths in number one!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
DeLand
“No wonder that ths in number one!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This deserves to be number one! Not only this hotel in great condition the General Manager Jason Pnacek went over and above to aid us in solving a problem with Priceline. He spent over on hour to fix the problem and comped part of our stay. THIS IS A HOTEL WITH GREAT MANAGEMENT AND IT SHOWS IN THE ENTIRE STAFF!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! No, I didn't go over and above. I did what was right. Myself and my staff are here to serve you, our guest. What the third party website did to you was wrong, and it's my job to make it right. When they tried to tell me it was my fault, I simply wouldn't take "no" for an answer (sometimes it's fun to let em' have it!). That is why I encourage all of my guests to call my hotel direct (269.353.3200), and avoid the hassles of online bookings. I can usually match almost any offer they are giving you. It was my pleasure helping you in that arduous ordeal, and can't wait until we meet again!

-Jason

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bingham Farms, Michigan
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had never stayed at a Microtel before and were very impressed with the cleanliness and the decor. Small well thought out rooms and a friendly, caring staff. The breakfast room was well stocked and clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason P, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kalamazoo, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff works very hard to keep the hotel clean and fresh, and we all love helping guests. Thank you for the kind review, and we hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ok, the hotel was very good, quiet, decent furnishings. The staff gave me extra pillows, as requested.
Lighting needs at least one regular lamp -- as it is now the lighting is either too little or too much.

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! Your feedback is important to us, and we use it for continuous improvement. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and hope to see you again if you return to Kalamazoo!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We needed a room last minute over the 4th of July weekend and were having a difficult time finding anything that was not insanely expensive. We found this room for a great price, and I didn't have high expectations. However, the hotel was fantastic! Everything was clean and well-maintained, the staff was helpful and kind, the location just off the interstated worked well for us, and it was easy to find. We only needed to a place to crash for a little bit (total stay was about 8 hours), and this place was a perfect match for us! The hotel offered complimentary breakfast, but we left too early to take advantage of it. The room was a little small - only a few feet on each side of the bed, but it was still sufficient for our needs. The walls were a little thin, so we could hear sounds in the hallway, but that's par for the course with most hotels. It wasn't too loud in the hotel, so it didn't really bother us too much. There was a slight odor in the hallway, but we didn't notice it in our room. I didn't say anything to the staff, so I didn't expect anything to be done about it. We stayed overnight before going to an event at the GingerMan racetrack in South Haven, which was about a 45 minute drive away. Overall, I was very happy with our stay. If I ever need to stay in Kalamazoo or the surrounding areas again, this hotel will be #1 on my list!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! It is always great to hear when travelers new to the Microtel brand are pleasantly surprised. My staff loves what they do, and pleasing every guest is very important to them. Thank you for the nice review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After a long day of sightseeing, my husband and I realized that we were too tired to drive to our planned night stop. Based on reviews, I booked this hotel at the last minute. The hotel has good access to the highway (without the highway noise). Checking in was fast and easy with friendly staff. Hotel was immaculate, inside and outside. For such a great price, we were surprised that there was a breakfast included in the price. Nice value, clean and quiet, and superb location to highway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Microtel Inn and Suites, Kalamazoo! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to review our wonderful facility.