“Nice motel”

Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Stratford, Canada
“Nice motel”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel lives up to Hampton standards which makes it a nice place to stay in my opinion. The room was spacious, we booked a whirlpool, which worked quite well, and we enjoyed it. The pool and whirlpool in the hotel were a nice size, but think they have a bit of a hard water problem, looked a little like sediment in the hot tub.Noise was a bit of an issue, as our room was near the pool and outdoor lounge. But that was just kids having fun, so it didn't go on for late or anything.This hotel is a bit out of the way, mind you we didn't go "foot exploring" or anything, did see a couple of restaurants/coffee shops in the area.Overall staff were helpful and friendly too!!! They went the extra mile that's for sure!!!

Room Tip: If you can get a room away from that pool area, however whirlpool rooms are on the first floor only.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Hi Deb1956_15,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff gave you the service you deserve as our guest. I appreciate yor kind words and look forward to sharing them with my team. We hope to see you again soon Deb1956_15!

Warm regards,

Alexis Bosler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Oxford, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped at this hotel in route to a professional motocross race with my son. We were upgraded to a studio room since it was open. Overall this is a nice clean location and my son loved the pool. We will be coming back to this location if we ever need to stay in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello Allen W,

Thank you for reviewing Hampton Inn & Suites here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here at our property and were able to get in some relaxation before an exciting weekend at RedBud.

I hope the event went well for your son and we look forward to hosting you again.

MONROEVILLE
Reviewed July 6, 2014

First thing you notice is how friendly and helpful the staff is. The hotel is very clean and great location!! Exercise room was great except it was a little too warm for me. The breakfast offered a nice variety but I especially like the grab and go breakfast bags for when I don't have time for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello 765janiceg,

I want to thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I see you were able to enjoy a few of the amenities we offer here at Hampton and I am glad you were able to enjoy them.

Our staff takes great pride in assisting our guests, I am glad they made a lasting impression on you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Newport, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff was great!!! The room was clean!!!! Service was awesome!!!! Location was very close to Western University.... Front desk took time out to give us get directions to Western University.... Not knowing the aea at all the front desk made my husband and I feel very comforable that we knew where we were going.....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Kelly R
Hello Kelly R,

Thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that my staff took care of you and your family during your recent trip.

We hope to see you again soon and look forward to sharing more of that famous Hamptonality!

Marysville, United States
Reviewed June 23, 2014

There were only 3 rooms booked on the floor I was on, but yet managed to get a room next to 6 people who had no intention of being courteous to anyone else. But overall the room was decent. All rooms were clean and well stocked. Breakfast was something to be desired, but I don't hold high hopes for free anything.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

I am sorry that there were a few other guests that were disruptive to your stay with us. Our staff is very responsive to guest issues, your satisfaction is our highest concern. If you stay here in the future please rest assured that our hotel will take care of any concerns you may have during your stay.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Southgate, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I stayed here twice in May 2014 - both times for business. The first time, it was on short notice, so the $150 plus price was kind of expected. The second time I made the reservation plenty of days in advance and it was still close to $150 per night - I filled out a survey on the property from Hilton and their reply was that they were high priced because they were the only Hampton in the area. Not a good reason to me. I've stayed at the Microtel at the same exit (exit 72 - in Kalamazoo) and if you don't need the Hampton perks (like a dirty cloths plastic bag) then stay at the Microtel for about 60% of the Hampton price. The Hampton was pretty much a typical Hampton, a little beat up, but the one thing I hate is a hotel with it's water softener turned up so much that you feel like you can't get the soap washed off of you. That's a problem with the Hampton and unfortunately, its the same problem with the Microtel. I will try and report on the other hotels at this exit in the near future.

Room Tip: At exit 72, the Hampton is to the right, when you are heading west on I-94
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello Hugh C,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor.

We understand the need for value and we do offer a number of discounted rates at our property. While being the only Hampton does not justify a higher rate, we feel our perks and service set us apart from the competition. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of further assistance.

Thank you again Mr. C and have a great day!

269-372-1010
Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This property does not live up to the Hampton Inn standard. We had stated the previous night in a Hampton Inn in Lexington KY and there was a marked difference. The Kalamazoo hotel had no refrigerator or microwave, there was a large gap between the door and door jamb so that light streamed through, there was no makeup remover tissue, we were not offered bottles of water although we are Hilton Honors members. Each of these are small things by themselves but added together they made for a less than satisfactory experience.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank rockies4me
Alexis B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Kalamazoo - Oshtemo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Hello rockies4me,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here on TripAdvisor. I am the new General Manager of this property. I appreciate your honest feedback on your stay at my property.

At Hampton we pride ourselves on maintaining the standards our loyal guests have come to expect. I am sorry that your stay fell short of those expectations. I appreciate the detail of your review, it is important for us to know when we fall short so that we may improve the guest experience. I can certainly understand how the little things can make a big impact on your overall stay.

I am sorry to hear these issues would make you consider staying elsewhere. We would love the chance to earn back your loyalty. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Warm Regards,