First of all, I have never left a review on Trip Advisor at all, but felt compelled to do so now! We stayed at the Henderson Castle on a Sunday night to celebrate a special occasion. We live in the area and had always heard of the Castle but never knew that we could actually stay there! Francois just took it over last August and he is doing his best to bring it back to it's original glory. The interior is gorgeous, but the exterior does need some attention. This building was built in 1895, so obviously it could use some care. The folks at Henderson could not have been any nicer! We stayed in the Italian Suite and true to the description, the sun broke though and created rainbows all over the room. Francois is a fine chef! Our last experience with French cooking (over 30 years ago) was not pleasant, but he changed my mind. He waited on us personally and prepared a fabulous 5 course dinner for us including Steak Diane (flaming!) right at the table. He wants to use all natural and organic ingredients from local farms in his cooking, and WOW, was it ever good! He is in the process of getting a Liquor license, but for the time being, he offered us a local sparkling juice instead. He is absolutely committed to make the Castle a destination point in Kalamazoo. Indeed, workers came early on Monday to do some restoration work on the outside. Give him some time and I believe the outside will be just as nice as the inside! His breakfast was wonderful as well! I have some dietary restrictions and he was able to easily adopt the menu for me along with making me a delicious omelet as well! Now that is service! We con't recommend the Henderson Castle enough and will be proud to recommend it to our family and friends! My wide felt as though she was being treated like a Queen! Need I say more?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Henderson Castle, the most popular bed and breakfast in Kalamazoo. Whether you're local or coming from Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing, South Bend or Chicago, you'll find us to be the best destination for your anniversary, birthday, wedding, graduation or romantic getaway. Situated in the historic West Main Hill neighborhood, you're minutes away from the theatres, shopping and vibrant night life of downtown Kalamazoo, but secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night free from the noise of the city. When you're with us, you'll have a royal experience. Wake up to an incredible breakfast prepared by our French chef Francois Moyet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Henderson Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henderson Castle Hotel Kalamazoo
- Henderson Castle Inn Bed And Breakfast