I spent my childhood driving by The Henderson Castle and was always in awe of the architecture. It wasn't until the Fall of 2011 that I finally set foot inside. I had a difficult time deciding which room we would stay in and spent quite a time on the internet looking for pictures to help me make my decision. The website has since changed, but at the time left something to be desired. I finally decided on The Tibetan Room. When we arrived at The Henderson Castle, it was all lit up so we had no trouble finding our way, but the path was a bit difficult for me considering I have a disabled left leg. When we entered the building we had to wait a moment before we were finally greeted by a staff member...We actually wondered if we went in the right door. When she arrived, she seemed pleasant enough and took us up to our room. The room was quite fun with a unique decor. The ceiling was definitely the highlight of this room. It had LED lights that changed colors and was painted with bright colors. The room was somewhat of an awkward combination of 'Eastern' items and it wasn't necessarily a cohesive design. The bathroom looked as though they had preserved it's original look which we loved, up until part of the knob in the shower broke off in my boyfriends hand. This became somewhat par for the course. The Henderson Castle is a beautiful building, but is sadly in disrepair. We are aware that new ownership has recently taken over and we hope that they will be able to refurbish this historical gem. Unfortunately, these details cheapened our experience and left something to be desired. We also were slightly frustrated after returning from a quick trip to the store around 10-11pm for some necessities that all of the lights had been turned off and the door was locked. We had to be 'let' back into the house and realized that we would not be able to keep our regular hours at this particular B&B. The following morning we went down for breakfast and were surprised to see that we were going to be dining at a community table with another couple. It ended up being a fine experience and the breakfast itself was quite nice, but as vegetarians, we would've preferred some options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Henderson Castle, the most popular bed and breakfast in Kalamazoo. Whether you're local or coming from Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing, South Bend or Chicago, you'll find us to be the best destination for your anniversary, birthday, wedding, graduation or romantic getaway. Situated in the historic West Main Hill neighborhood, you're minutes away from the theatres, shopping and vibrant night life of downtown Kalamazoo, but secluded enough to enjoy a quiet night free from the noise of the city. When you're with us, you'll have a royal experience. Wake up to an incredible breakfast prepared by our French chef Francois Moyet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Henderson Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henderson Castle Inn Bed And Breakfast
- Henderson Castle Hotel Kalamazoo