“Heading to Western Michigan? The London Grill is worth a detour.”
Review of London Grill - CLOSED

London Grill
Cuisines: British
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We first became familiar with the London Grill in Plainwell, MI. Once our favorite restaurant in the tri-state area, it closed- bummer! But the tradition lives on at the London Grill in Kalamazoo. The cuisine is a crazy fusion of Indian and English food- such as bangers and mash- with some local entrees thrown in like whitefish Grenoble. Here you can find such treasures as Guinness beef, butter chicken curry, and fish and chips that is the best ever. The desserts are fantastic, stratospherically caloric, but worth the xtra hours you will have to pound the treadmill. Peanut butter pie is my favorite, but my colleagues also love the black-bottom pie. The decor has loads of British military stuff on the walls, fun to rubber-neck while you're enjoying your dinner & drinks.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Friendly, clean, outstanding service, great food selection and Boddingtons on tap - 5 things that will keep me coming back! My wife and I love the selections of English fare, only problem is it is hard to figure out what to have.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great food, atmosphere and live music. Also a very friendly waitstaff and a partially open kitchen. The theme and decor are cool too.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My previous review needs an update. Because we did love the restaurant we wanted to try it again to see if any changes had occurred since last visit. We previously gave a POOR rating because it was. Several months later we went back because we heard that the Plainwell location was closed. We hoped that might equate a better experience in Kalamazoo, the owner might be focusing on things in a new light.

We were so glad to find out that things have indeed changed. We have since dined twice in the past month, both occasions were excellent service and food. We learned indeed the owners of the restaurant have made staffing changes and also are revamping the menu with new items. My wife had a new Vegetarian Burger that she says was amazing and fresh. I stayed with my usual, fish & chips along with a Smithwicks.

The managers on duty are lively and they have changed the atmosphere. Along with better music selections, cleaner tables and upcoming menu, we feel that we owe them a review change.

So we are glad for the changes and believe downtown Kalamazoo diners should give the London Grill another chance, especially if have not visited recently.

1  Thank Jason K
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Delicious food.....chef is excellent....definitely not the run of the mill dining. Felt like we were being served by the owner because she knew the menu and how the many different dishes were prepared.