“Confusing”

Kalamazoo Nature Center
Ranked #3 of 41 things to do in Kalamazoo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Seemed like a mish-mash, not well planned or maintained. Nature center building--most of the displays worn out and not working--sort of a mess. Parking far from the nature center and restrooms. Beautiful property, though, but hard for the first-time visitor to navigate. No food or beverages for sale. We were disappointed and do not plan to return, but might if we lived in the area.

All reviews
"year round"
"special programs"
"all ages"
in 5 reviews
"a great place to spend"
"on display"
in 9 reviews
"bird"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had a membership for a year, which was given to me by volunteering there. I often went there with my family and lets just say it was beautiful. The trees, the gardens, it felt quite good just being there and breathing in that fresh air. It was a great place to relax and to have a picnic with your family and getting away from the busy city life. It gave a nice relaxing touch in life and to enjoy whats around you. It was relaxing and also informative, so we got to relax and learn a little about plants and trees around us, and it was a good experience for the kids. A great place to be with family, and enjoy family time!

1  Thank APtraveler T
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just spent the week there with 40 ~ 2nd graders and had an fabulous time. Beautiful land, with knowledgeable staff. We learned about nature, science, math, careers, and got to do hiking in the snow on the first day of spring :) ! Okay the last one was God's doing, but it was awesome!

Looking forward to purchasing a season pass for my own teenagers to go and enjoy it with me this summer!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Took my son to the Nature Center a year ago last summer. The grounds are very nice and have nice examples of native plants and animals. Problem is that the place is exactly the same as it was when I visited in 2nd grade and that was 35 years ago. If you have small children with young imaginations this will be a good nature adventure that should last a few hours.