Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kalamazoo, MI
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
Priceline
$189
$151
  • Pool
All reviewsking suiteeasy chairoffice chairliving areawafflesdecent breakfastbeds were comfortablefront desk personwould highly recommend this hotelwould stay here againhot breakfastfree breakfastmattressesrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Suite it is not! As you walk in the front door the chlorine smell is very powerful. Then once you get inside your room it smells stale. Housekeeping needs some eduation on how to clean. Cobwebs hang from the ceiling, the bedspreads are stained and the bathrooms could use a renovation. Breakfast is not good, the oatmeal was cold and the quality of the food was subpar. If I did not prepay for my stay I would have not stayed. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Harry P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kalamazoo, MI, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Justin.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had a great stay at this Country Inn & Suites. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk person was knowledgeable about the area and gave me a great restaurant recommendation. The breakfast had many options, with everything from waffles, eggs, sausage, to fresh fruit. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I really take no pleasure in writing this review. I have stayed at this hotel twice for business, and I declined to review after the first visit thinking that maybe my experience was outside of the norm. I continued to see good reviews for this hotel and consented to stay here again for a short business trip.
I concluded after both visits that the staff is quite wonderful, hospitable and enthusiastic. However, there needs to be some serious training in the housekeeping staff. I always bring Lysol, a pillow and blanket when I travel, and it was much needed here. In fact, I had to go out and get a second can of
Lysol. I don't think that my room had been cleaned in quite some time. There was a layer of dust on the dresser, ice bucket, coffee machine. The door to the bathroom had layers if dirt that were crusted into the paint. The curtains had thick visible crusty stains on them, and the chair and both duvets had white stains in them. Yuk. I really don't know why ANY hotels still have those nasty old duvets. Everyone knows that they are never cleaned.
The toilet had mold/dirt? in the bowl and the hairdryer had a crusty layer of dirt dust on the top surface.
I have posted all the photos here as well.
As much as I find the staff friendly, I cannot justify the price for the room knowing the quality that I am receiving. This room should be 40-50 bucks a night, not nearly 100.
I really hope that they overhaul the housekeeping here. It is desperately needed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Harry P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Kalamazoo, MI, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Sure, the staff is nice, but my neighbors were both very chatty on their phones and I could clearly hear nearly every word spoken, right from the comfort of my bed. Consider yourself warned, and be considerate of your volume!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Corey K
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have stayed at this Country Inn and Suites approximately five or six time. The staff is very accommodating, the rooms are up-to-date, very clean and comfortable. The hotel was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable.I was surprised that it was more than just fruit and bagels. They had a few hot items, waffle makers, and a good selection of breads and pastries. They also put out cookies and fruit in the evenings, which I always think is a nice touch, especially for those traveling with children.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family