“Yum!”

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Great food, green tea was good as was cashew chicken. Best chinese in Portage/ Paw Paw/ Kzoo area, much better than chin chins

Visited March 2014

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Best traditional Chinese in town”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We've been to Hunan Gardens many times (as well as its partner restaurant on Q Ave in Texas Township). The food is mostly standard Chinese restaurant fare, but definitely better quality than you will find at most places. The ingredients are fresher, often using local and seasonal ingredients. For example, last night our Empress Chicken dish had great helpings of fresh zucchini and summer squash instead of just the standard slices of carrots, celery, water chestnuts, etc. They will vary the heat on their spicy dishes. Their wonton soup is just okay--standard clear chicken broth with good wontons, but light on other ingredients like green onions etc.
Seriously consider their specials, we have had outstanding ones, such as a mango dish that was really innovative and delicious.
There are some inconsistencies--their eggrolls range in quality, sometimes being clearly freshly made and other times tasting old. Their eggroll dipping sauce is sometimes standard duck sauce, but other times is a kind of apple-based concoction

• Visited June 2014
Three Rivers, Michigan
“Best Chinese”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Every time we come to the area we have to dine here! They don't mind changes and are always pleasant. My husband enjoys their moo goo better than any restaurant located in Indianapolis.

• Visited May 2014
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Local Surprise - Texas Township Location, Kalamazoo County”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The new location has opened in Texas Twp and we were given great reviews by other co-workers.
I was so surprised. I haven't had good chinese food in Michigan since leaving the Ann Arbor area.
The restaurant itself is clean and actually smells very good. Like fresh cooked food.
We had a large family take out order and everything we brought home was delicious.
I was very pleased.
We went back for an eat in dinner and was just as happy the second visit.
Yum!

• Visited April 2014
kalamazoo mi
“Friday Night Take-out Tradition.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We love this place. I prefer to order lunch, because the prices are much better for our family of 5. However, I normally really want to order when it has been a long week & I do not want to cook, on Friday nights! I only order House Crispy Chicken, because I love it!! (My husband has tried many more things, which he has liked it all!) I love the sauce, egg drop soup, & the rice. The fried Rice is one of the best I have tried. I have tried the House Crispy Steak. Nope, stick to the chicken. Be aware, that it can be terribly Busy! Lots of take-out orders & restaurant is pretty busy when I have been waiting inside. While waiting there, I saw lots of WMU students eating too.

• Visited November 2013