“Friday Night Take-out Tradition.”
Review of Hunan Gardens

Hunan Gardens
Ranked #35 of 340 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
kalamazoo mi
“Friday Night Take-out Tradition.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We love this place. I prefer to order lunch, because the prices are much better for our family of 5. However, I normally really want to order when it has been a long week & I do not want to cook, on Friday nights! I only order House Crispy Chicken, because I love it!! (My husband has tried many more things, which he has liked it all!) I love the sauce, egg drop soup, & the rice. The fried Rice is one of the best I have tried. I have tried the House Crispy Steak. Nope, stick to the chicken. Be aware, that it can be terribly Busy! Lots of take-out orders & restaurant is pretty busy when I have been waiting inside. While waiting there, I saw lots of WMU students eating too.

• Visited November 2013

“Best Chinese in Kzoo!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My huband and I eat in and order takeout consistently. We enjoy the soups, Kung Pao Chicken, fried rice and szechuan dishes.

• Visited January 2014
Kalamazoo
“Worse Chinese food I've ever tried to eat.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I were visiting in Kalamazoo, MI and decided to order Chinese and have it delivered. We decided to order a lot so we could have some for later. A $50.77 order + $9.23 delivery tip = money wasted. The sizzling assorted combination was missing the shrimp and the rice was not cooked, the chicken and broccoli was over cooked and had no flavor the chicken wings were raw in the middle, the teriyaki chicken tasted old, the fried frames were sogg. The only half way decent part of the order was the crab ragoon. After speaking to the manager, and explaining what I've explained here and telling him that they order could nor be eaten and they could see it wasn't eaten, he said he could only remake the entire order but could not refund any part of our money. Awful food once, wasn't going to waste my time on a second round. A waste of money and a wasted tip. Never again!

• Visited January 2014
Fort Knox, Kentucky
“Traditions”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Whenever we are in Kalamazoo we make sure to visit Hunan Gardens. We have lived in many other places and nothing compares to the food and noodle soups here.

Oak Park, Illinois
“Great Chinese Cuisine”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Service is excellent. Large restaurant with plenty of parking. Frequented by local Asian students. Best Long Island Ice Tea's around. And ask for extra oriental mustard!

Visited December 2013