“Wonderful food, service a little slow”
Review of BOLD

BOLD
Ranked #13 of 355 Restaurants in Kalamazoo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: BOLD is a Southwest Michigan dining destination you don’t want to miss. You’ll enjoy a warm, relaxing atmosphere; a great culinary experience; professional, friendly service and memorable, big-flavor cuisine.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Reservations a must. Food was outstanding. The tenderloin I had was "melt-your-mouth" tender, with just enough spices to be a little tangy, but not hot. After waiting about 15 minutes, we asked for the menus. After ordering it took quite a while for the food to arrive. We commented that it was a good thing the conversation was good, or it would have seemed like forever. But, it was worth the wait. I had creme burlee for dessert and it was very, very good. By and large a pleasant experience that I would do again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have dined at Bold at least six times, including two Thanksgiving days and several birthdays, with my family. This is my "go to" restaurant in Kalamazoo for special occasions. The service is always excellent and the menu and specials are superb. I have never been disappointed. The tastes and presentations of their food are unique and wonderful. Their drinks and wine list are as good as any in Kalamazoo. The atmosphere is upscale. What is there not to like? Reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We really wanted a good customer service for dinner, so my husband made reservations at Bold and asked for the best service available. We received excellent service and had a wonderful meal. My husband had a wedge salad and a steak which was excellent, I had their seafood chowder and mixed green salad which was also excellent. Bold had a great dessert-basically chocolate covered walnut ice cream smothered in Bananas Foster. Bold has a nice selection of wines and we were able to find pairings that adequately complimented our meal.

1  Thank Cynbuy
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've been here about a half dozen times and it's always been great.

The manager is passionate about his restaurant and the service they provide. He always comes to check on you, and makes sure everything is cooked to how you like it.

The food is always fantastic and the drinks are amazing. Go on Mondays when they have half price small plates, but make sure to make a reservation.

Every server is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the menu. If you want a great experience on a special evening, go here.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have given Bold three chances to give us an excellent meal and each time we left feeling like we've paid too much for average food. You can expect to pay around $65 for two people and that is with one glass of wine. You will enjoy good service.